Chapter 55.

Beep beep beep...

Riya heard the most irritating sound, which broke her from her deep slumber. She was sleeping like a dead for a while. When she woke up pain shoot into her whole body. She frantically opened her eyes. The first thing see saw was white celling. She isn't in Edgar's room. She scanned her surrounding, various machines is here. She heard a soft snore.

Edgar was sleeping besides her peaceful. Riya recalled her past happening, that chase and then car crash. Seeing Edgar safe, she felt relief. Riya sign deeply. But she is very thirsty at this moment. She playfully ruffled through Edgar's hair.

" Mmm, even his hair smell good", she inhale.

Edgar being light sleeper, jolt woke up from his sleep. He find Riya is awake now, with her hands in his hair. Riya immediately retreat her hand, and bit her lips nervously.

" Riya you woke up", Edgar spoke.

" Can i have some water please", Riya spoke with hoarse voice. Edgar nodded and help her sitting while handing her water bottle.

" How are you feeling now?", Edgar asked.

" Pain", Riya spoke. A pain of guilt Edgar felt in his heart.
" Riya, i am so sorry this all happened because of me. You are in this condition. I was scared. I thought i lost you. IF anything would have happen to you, i would never be able to face myself again. Please forgive me... please... if you want to leave, you can leave. I will never come back in your life again... please forgive me....."

"What the hell he's babbling"

Riya placed her figure on Edgar lips to shush him. Edgar sat in silence. She noticed few tear drops in Edgar's eyes. She immediately wiped them.

" Edgar what the hell you were babbling. I am alive. See", she pointed at herself. " And you know why i am alive. It's because of you", Riya spoke.

" Riya", Edgar immediately threw his hands around her. " I am sorry, i so sorry, i failed you", Edgar might be a high mighty mafia leader, but from inside, he has a heart of child.

Riya rubbed his back. " Shh.. Edgar it's okay. I am here. Nothing happened", she really doesn't know what to say. She consoled him.

" Riya why did you took that blow?", Edgar asked her.

" If i hadn't then you were the one laying in my place", Riya answered.

" Riya you shouldn't have done that", Edgar spoke.

" And give me one reason why i wouldn't do that?", Riya asked.

" Cause... cause it hurts a lot seeing you like this. I have survived this much, i could also have survive that, Riya don't you ever put your life in danger for me ", Edgar spoke this and broke apart their hug.

" Edgar, why are you saying this. I did this cause i didn't want you to get hurt", Riya spoke and irritation where clearly sounding in her voice.

" And why this so?", He asked again.

" Because... because i care for you", Riya said with honesty. Edgar was surprised with her reply. But his heart filled with happiness.

" And you're being ungrateful. At least you could have said, thank you Riya, you saved my life. You owe me, but you are questioning my act. I can't believe this", Riya threw her hands in air, then she notice she has a cast on her right leg and right hand. While Edgar sitting there, thinking how adorable she is looking right now.

" Edgar...", Riya hit Edgar chest with her left hand.

" What happen to me?", she asked with horrified expression.