Chapter 49.

🤓 Writer's POV 🤓

Edgar drove towards a near by animal shelter while Riya wrapped puppy's small body in her stall to keep his body warm, but inside she really doesn't want to let go of that little husky. She fall in love with that baby in first sight.

Animal Shelter...

"Sorry, we can't keep that puppy", shelter staff refuse to take puppy.

"But why?", Edgar yelled.

"Sir, the our boss i mean the care taker of this shelter, the main veterinary doctor has died last night, and his heirs decided to remove animal shelter from here and build a shopping complex. All our animals are adopted and also all volunteer has left. I am sorry sir", shelter staff replied.

"Damm", Edgar pinch his bridge of nose in frustration.

"Tell me the address of another animal shelter", Edgar spoke.

"Yes i can give you that", the receptionist gave Edgar a card on which animal shelter address were written.

"It's 20 miles away from here"

"Thanks", Edgar took that card and came out from building while Riya was waiting for him in car.

"Hey, what happen?", Riya asked.

"They are closing down this animal shelter. We have no other option to pay a visit to another animal shelter", Edgar said while putting his seat belt.

Puppy was sleeping and a idea crossed  in Riya's mind. Of course it's her last chance to save that puppy.

She unlocked her seat belt and slowly sat in Edgar's lap.

"What are you doing Riya?"

Riya throw her arms around Edgar's neck and pulled him closer.

"Is she going to kiss me?", Edgar thought. That mere thought was  enough to make Edgar feel excited.

"Edgar please", Riya started kissing Edgar's cheeks.

Kiss

"Please Edgar"

Kiss

"He's so small, baby"

Kiss on forehead

"Please baby. I promise i will do anything whatever you say for one week"

Kiss

"Please"

"Hmm, for one week are you sure about that?", Edgar asked her.

"Ofcourse i am"

"Okay, you can keep this puppy. But don't forget your promise"

Riya kissed Edgar's corner of lips.

"Thank you, thank you"

"Damm, stop moving so much", Edgar groaned. Riya doesn't know what she was doing.

Riya looked at Edgar. She didn't understand what Edgar mean. Then she felt like poking.

"Edgar your belt...", Riya said.

"Riya that's not belt", Edgar said with flushed face.

"That's not belt, then what's poking me", Riya asked making cute face.

Edgar just shrugged his shoulder.

It took a while for Riya to understand.

"Ahhhhhhh.....", she screamed and jumped out of Edgar's lap to her seat.