18: Solo Player

Collabed with: Lilsnoot
Days went by since the incident with Jackie boy, and I still don't understand why he blew up when I called him Jack. Hm...maybe there's something he doesn't want us to know? I thought as I sat in the lobby. We were doing a 1v6 type of battle...and guess what? I'm the 1. I sighed and looked out the window, seeing a view of the "battlegrounds." Beautiful Oasis. I flicked my claws out, then retracted them, admiring this future technology. That's when I thought back to the "magic" I had. How could I have these powers? There's no such thing as magic. I shook my head as Athena started talking.

You will get a 30 second head-start due to this being a 1v6 match; as to which you were the chosen "solo player." Your time starts now.

The door opened, giving me the chance to escape the room. I jumped out and ran to the center of the map. I looked around.

"Shit...where to hide!?" I cursed.

That's when I watched the cars move on the roads, smoothly and swiftly. I somehow trusted that the roads would lead me to a hiding spot. I'm guessing the glimmer of the cars and the black, fake pave, roads, hypnotized me. Or it could be because I'm stupid. Anyways, I walked up to the road and followed the cars that passed by. I looked at the time. 10 seconds. Better hurry this up! I started running, and a few seconds later, I saw a tunnel that the expensive cars came in and out of.

"Perfect."

I jumped on top of the skin-toned tunnel, going as far away from the edge as possible. That's when my back hit the barrier. At that very moment, I saw 76, Mccree, Symmetra, Reinhardt, and....ugh...Genji. I realized that I just traveled all the way across the map, and am hiding right next to their base. Wait-a go (Y/n)! I watched as all of them ran away, without even looking behind them.

"Wow...this is so gre-" I was saying before I noticed Symmetra staring right at me.

"Target located!" she said into her ear piece, "Right at base!"

Uh oh...

I jumped down and started running towards a lit up room, the door creaked open just enough for me to squeeze through. I sighed deeply before closing the door and relaxing my muscles-- the tension of this all weighing on me. That's when I heard something that made my heart beat a million miles per second. An alarm went off. I bet you it was Symmetra...damnit! I thought, cussing her out even more. I wasn't sure what to do at first, still panicking a little inside. It's just Symmetra trying to get you to come out. I thought to myself, trying my best to stay calm. I finally caved in to go check when I heard the panicked yells of everyone else outside. Cracking open the door with a slight nervousness, I peeked one eye out. Everyone was still there. Except for.. Genji. Shit.

I went outside, looking past the enemy group, trying to figure out where he disappeared to. I walked past the group, still keeping my eye out for any sudden attacks if it was a dirty trick. That's when I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me from behind, making me turn around and release my claws out from the slits on my suit.

"Calm down, soldier." 76 said in a low, monotone voice.

"...." I stood up straight as he put his gun on his back.

"The match is postponed for now. Genji isn't on our radar anymore, so we're gonna start a search party."

I nodded and started going into deep thought. Genji..? Gone..? I felt my stomach turn into a knot at the sudden negative dark thoughts that strode into my mind. Damn it, Genji! I thought, suddenly a bit frustrated. Genji couldn't be gone. He wouldn't leave on purpose, would he?