1: New Hero

(Beginning inspired by Genji x Reader by DreamWitchX)

(Y/n) is the newest hero to Overwatch. She is half healer and half offense. She heals using her hands, she acquired this when she had an incident back when she was 12, and a grenade that can damage the enemy and heal her team. 

Some powers that she has is the grenade, healing, shielding that only lasts for 10 seconds, sending a spirit animal to heal others that she can't reach which lasts for 20 seconds, and flying using boots that her colleague Winston made for her. Her ultimate is called Switcher, this makes her hair switch to (s/f/c) and makes her hair longer, her ultimate switches her to the offense form for 1 minute. Her weapon for Switcher is a (f/c) lazer sword which can be switched to a pistol, her power ups are the shield, grenade, warping, and fast striking. As she transforms, (Y/n) is put into black and silver assassin wear that also includes a cloak.

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Here is the training room, and here is the "Athena Room," according to Winston." states Soldier 76 as we walk through the hallways, making noises as our feet hit the ground. 

I've already met Winston since he had to give me all my armor, boots, and other stuff before he left me off with 76 to start the "tour" around the HQ. 

We approached a door engraved with the word Lobby over the Overwatch symbol. I gripped onto my necklace, it had a gold chain with a gold key on it, the key had a few quartz rings around the stick part of it, the quartz rings also had a few small diamonds engraved into them.

"And our final destination is here, the lobby for hangout, relaxing, and other things either before  practice or skill testing." he said.

I nodded as he lead me inside the room. I noticed that there was at least 6 or 8 heroes/agents in the lobby. I looked around the room a bit confused.

"I thought there were more people than this..." I said silently, as I saw a few members look in my direction.

"There is, this is just your team for the week for practice." 76 replied, obviously hearing me.

He called out to everyone so they shot towards us and looked at me, then the old man. Then a girl with short hair came up in front of me, startling me. 

"'Ello love! The name's Lena but you could also call me Tracer!" she said.

"Hi....um....How did you get over here so fast?" I asked.

"My Kroner Accelerator helps me get anywhere I want quickly."

"Oh...cool!" I exlaimed as Tracer zoomed back over to her group.

 I looked at all of them one by one. There was a dwarf-looking one with a long beard, a big armored guy with a hammer, Tracer, Winston, a green dude throwing some killer beats in the air, a guy with burnt hair and a missing leg plus arm, a purple woman with a long pony tail, and then Soldier 76.

"Alright everyone, this is (Y/n), our newest healer and offense. She will be with you this week for practice so make her feel welcomed here." he said.

He looked at me and held out his hand, "Welcome to Overwatch (Y/n)." 

I took his hand and shook it, "Glad to be here commander." and with that, he left me with my team. 

Tracer zoomed over to the dude with the hammer, "This is Reinhardt!" Then to the short looking person, "Torbjorn." then to the next one, "Lucio." and to the next, "Junkrat." She pointed to herself, "Me and then Winston who you already met!" And then she jumped to the purple one that stood in the corner, "And last but not least, Widowmaker!"

"Yo." I said as I waved.

"Ey mate!" Junkrat said as he juggled bombs.

"What's up yo?" Lucio came up to me and shook my hand, "If your in need of a helping hand, just say bring up the beat!" I cringed at his statement but pulled out a smile.

Reinhardt came up to me and kissed my hand, "Hello (Y/n)! I will protect you during our week of battle with the other team!" I giggled as he sat back down on the couch and played games.

"Hey lassie!" said Torbjorn as he sat and watched Junkrat play with his bombs.

"....Ello." Widowmaker said as she kept looking at the other people.

Winston came up to me and said, "(Y/n), today we have practice but not for a couple of hours so be free to look around the lobby!"

I thanked him and put a strand of my (h/l), (h/c) hair behind my ear. I sat down with Lucio and Tracer and talked about Overwatch a bit more so I could catch on to things. A hour later we heard Athene say:

One hour left till you protect the payload.

And with that, I went out of the lobby and into my room to get ready. I put on white armor (looks similar to Mercy's but without the cloth, wings, and sleeves) that covered my neck and shoulders a bit, which had (f/c) that starts out dark at my neck and slowly fades out to white as it gets closer to my stomach, a belt with a glowing yellow center (according to Winston, he said that before practice, you should always wear the belt. It prevents serious damage or death), white elbow sleeves (it starts above your elbow and flowingly stretches out, slightly covering your hands and has a faint (f/c) strip going around the end of it), black finger loose gloves, my thigh high flying boots, and a gold vine leaf crown that splits in front of my head and spreads out leaves. I grab a brush and brush my hair softly and head back out to the lobby.

As I entered the lobby, everyone looked at me in awe. Lucio skated in a slow circle around me and said, "Yo (Y/n)...You look like a goddess." Everyone nodded in agreement and stood up. 

I giggled, "Thanks." 

We all headed to a door and waited there.

I got a little nervous about Winston with the belt protection thing, "Hey uh...Tracer..?"

"Yes love?" she replied, looking at me with a smile.

"Does it hurt when you get shot or die..?" I ask nervously.

"Only for a second. Trust me, it's not that bad so cheer up!" I nod and look at the door.

30 seconds till match starts.

I looked at everyone as everyone looked at me. Winston put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't worry (Y/n), we got your back. Just like you have ours. You'll do great!" Everyone yells, "YEAH!" and pats my back.

20 seconds remaining.

I smiled and looked at my team, "I have your backs, don't worry! I'll do my best and push myself to the limit!" 

10

9

8

7

6

This is just practice (Y/n)... I take a deep breath, You got this. Remember, you have their backs...

5

4

3

And they have yours...

2

1

Protect the payload!

Me and my team start running to the payload to break apart, leaving me and Reinhardt left to defend the payload as the rest wait for the enemy team to emerge from their lobby, ready for a sneak attack.