9: Practice Makes Perfect

Genji swings his sword away from my body before he could clash it with my side, trying to avoid harming me in anyway.

"I don't want to hurt you (Y/n)!" Genji says as he jumps back.

"I know but you heard what the old man said!" I jump behind him and try to strike but he blocks just in time, "I have to get my strength in order!"

He pushes me back, I almost fall back so I back flip and land swiftly on my feet, "Genji, I don't want to do this really, I hate fighting you but, I have to follow his orders!"

We both run at each other and then a flash of light appears, combining green and (f/c) light. 

But before this, a few days after my rest days were over, I saw something. I saw something I can never forget, and I love it because it's part of Genji. So, let's go back, shall we?

~2 days ago~

I wake up in my bed as usual and get dressed in my blue leotard, black leggings, my boots, a black belt, and finger free gloves. I walk out of my room, a bit shakily from the incident 4 days ago. I slowly make my way over to my team lobby, I get a bit slow since I feel pain strike me.

"D-Damn...I haven't used my ult in s-so long...it b-burns..." I stutter as I grip my side gently. I slowly fall on my knees, "N-No....get u-up (Y/n)....Stop b-being weak a-and get the hell up...!" I push myself off of the floor. I wobble a bit before gaining balance. I smile to myself.

"That's right...now, one step at a ti- AAAHHH!!!" I trip and start to fall. I am so fucking clumsy, I need to get some damn therapy for this. I wait for my body to slam against the cold floor. Yet, it never came. I open my eyes and see a green visor looking down at me.

"You ok Koneko? Are you hurt?" he says, pulling me up.

"Y-Yea...just tired....and no, I'm fine." I say as I put my hands on his chest, trying to keep myself from falling again. He notices and holds me tighter.

"Thanks Genji.."

"Mondainai Koneko." he chuckles a bit and I smile.

I feel warm fur go around my legs, I look down as Genji did and see Checkers rubbing his body against my legs. "Hi Checkers!"

"Greetings." Genji says as he pets him. Checkers purrs and looks up at me.

"Yea, your right. ...we should let Shadow out."

"How do you know what Checkers is thinking?" Genji asks me as we walk back towards my room. He puts my arm around his neck, slowly walking due to my pain and clumsiness.

"Well, there is always a look on his face when he wants something. So when he looks at me purring a lot, I know he wants Shadow." I reply as I open my door and let go of Genji, walking inside. "Come in Genji."

He follows after me and towards my bed side where my box is. I put in the key and twist it, I open the box and Shadow comes out in the form of (f/c) light.

"Huh...strange." I say as I look at Shadow, "He never stays lit up when he comes out of the box.."

"Maybe he is sick or lonely." Genji says as he pets Shadow.

"Maybe...I'll ask one of my friends to take a look at him" I say before bending down to his level. "...Or not..."

"Huh? What do you mean Koneko?"

"He just hasn't slept much since he's been out so often at night." I reply as Shadow rubs his head under my chin. His eyes were pale and his glow wasn't as strong as it should be, "Sorry boy...you can go back."

He wags his tail slightly before disappearing. I sigh and sit on my bed as Checkers sits next to me. Genji sits on my other side and hugs me.

"I wonder what it would be like to see everything behind a mask..." I mumble.

I felt Genji's gaze wash over me as I hum a tune. "......(Y/n)....."

I look at him and stop humming, "Yes?"

"....I-I need to show you something....but in my room if that is alright with you, yes?"

"Of course."

He gets up and holds his hand out to me. I accept it and we walk to his room as Checkers disappears into the lobby. The door opens. He lets me in first as the door closes behind him with a soft thud, leaving us alone in the dim room. I look around notice a few pictures, I pick one up. It had some dust and scratches on it, leaving this weird texture under my fingertips.

"Is this Hanzo and......you Genji?" I ask as I look at a photo. 

Hanzo had longish hair and no beard thing, his hand placed on Genji's shoulder. Genji had green hair, an orange scarf, and was holding a Pachimari plushy. He's so handsome...and carrot like. I think before setting it down and looking at Genji before he responds.

"Yes. But that was when we were very young." he sits on his bed and pats the spot next to him. I sit down and look up at him as he looks down at me. I blush slightly as he leans closer.

"(Y/n)...Please, do not tell anyone what I am about to show you...It was a tough decision to just tell you..so please."

"I promise over my grave Genji." I swear as he sighs a bit nervously.

"Good..." he reaches up for his visor and takes it off. Genji then takes off his helmet, revealing his scarred face. I gasp and put my hands over my mouth.

"G-Genji..." I say in sadness as I gently put my hand on his cheek and rub my thumb against him as carefully as I could, knowing that there may be a possibility that his scars may have potential pain when touched.

I feel him lean into my hand and touch it with his own. I look at his hair and noticed it was black with dark, dark hints of green here and there on the tips. I looked into his brown eyes, they were such a caramel color, they reminded me of the sweet sent and flavor of caramel.

"(Y/n)....I-I love you...." I heard him say before kissing my hand.

"I-I love you t-too Genji...with everything I have." I say as I kiss his forehead gently.

I take my hand off of his cheek as he puts his helmet and visor back on. I blush after I realized what happened. He picks up my chin and makes me look up at him.

"K-Koneko...."

"Genji...."

He tilts his head onto mine. I close my eyes. I know it's weird after he had his helmet and visor off that he didn't kiss me then but, I understand since he may not feel comfortable yet with kissing me without his helm.

We pull away and head back out towards the lobby, where I continued to practice again but ever so slowly.

~Present~

A flash of light appears with a mix of green and (f/c). Once it disappears, both of our swords are stabbed into the mat against the ground a few feet away from us in a criss-cross formation. I open my eyes and see Genji on top of me with his face close to mine, causing me to blush a deep red.

My (h/l), (h/c) hair was scattered along the floor where I was laying (for people with bangs) along with my bangs slightly covering my eye.

"Heh...never thought I would be in this position for a while." Genji says as he leans in closer.

"G-Genji...?" I put my hands on his chest as he gets closer.

He tilts his head onto mine gently, making me close my eyes. Once he stops a few seconds later, I could feel him blushing. I giggle a bit as he chuckles. I feel so red and hot that I almost thought I was sweating.

After we get up and head back to our rooms for the night, I hug him as he does the same before we went into our rooms. I jump onto my bed, wrapping myself in my blankets blushing. I know this wouldn't be the last time something like that will happen...and I'm looking forward to it.