17: Shots Fired

Well shit. I was walking to 76's office, wondering about what awaits my arrival. Jesus, I can't believe this... Why should I be the ONLY one getting in trouble these days? Well, I guess I deserve it because of the practice....thing.....oops. I shrug as I start drawing closer to the boss's door, not really caring about the whole situation. I continue walking towards his door in silence. I wonder what punishment I would get... Extra training? Cleaning duty? Nah...he wouldn't give one of his "best friends" cleaning duty.... I thought, slightly smiling to myself. My head bumps into the door minutes later, interrupting my thoughts and smiles. 

"Wow, I must've talked to myself that long.." I mumbled.

"Come in," a grumpy voice called out.

Wow....achievement unlocked: using your head...good job (Y/n)..!

 The door opened and closed behind me with a thud as soon as I walked in, "You called me..." I said facing him. 

76 pointed down at the chair facing his desk, with a harsh flick of his wrist. I sat down and looked at him, right through his mask and into his hidden eyes. I showed no fear, even though I was a bit fearful on the inside. The old soldier scoffed and leaned back against his chair, crossing his arms and staring right back at me.

"I presume you know why you're here, (Y/n)..." he said.

"For an apology?" I stated, shrugging slightly.

"NO. YOU'RE here to apologize for what you did!" he stated back, leaning forward.

"For what I did, is understandable. However, I earned that flag by myself! I EARNED it. And then there you go, STEALING what I EARNED with MY energy." I calmly snapped.

76 doesn't seem to like my tone and snaps back, "A TEAM works TOGETHER and does everything TOGETHER! Do you not understand that?!"

He continues, "You helped the team WIN. That's what's important!"

I got up and slammed my hands on the table, "However JACK, it was PRACTICE. Everyone makes mistakes and can get out of hand. In my opinion I didn't, but in your eyes I did, " I carried on as he tensed up, "That's why it's called practice! Mistakes are made, you improve from them! So, it was a mistake. Do I have to spell it out for you? M-I-S-T-A-K-E."

The soldier got quiet and sat up straight.

"Get out of my office....."

"Why should I-"

"NOW!"

He slammed his hand down on a button, causing a silent beeping sound to start. I looked confused but exited the room. As soon as my foot went out the door, large guns came down from the roof and pointed right at me, with red lazers aiming at their target. I looked at them before getting in a fighting stance. That's when I looked at the weapons, then my hands. My eyes got small and I felt a hint of a "well shit..." breeze sweep over my head. I stood there for a few seconds before running away from them, hearing bullets tap against the ground, right on my trail. I kept running for who knows how long before someone grabbed me and started running with me in there arms.

I looked up, "G-Genji!"

He blocks a few bullets before turning the corner, "What did you do, Koneko?!"

"Long story short, the boss got mad...VERY....mad."

Genji ran right into his room as soon as the doors opened. They immediately shut closed behind him as he set me down on his couch. I smiled up at him, hoping he wouldn't ask me anything.

"So Genji....h-how was your day? H-Heh..." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Tell me everything..." he said.

Well shit....

~A few minutes later~

"...and that's pretty much it." I finished, laying down on his bed. 

His sheets felt like silk, they were so soft and smooth. They were a light green with gold and white line swirls. Genji's pillows were black with hints of shimmering gold flakes.

Genji shook his head, "That doesn't sound like Soldier: 76 at all. You must have hit a sensitive nerve, or subject....or you could've gotten to him."

"I don't know anymore Genji....is Overwatch even for me anymore...?" I said, covering my eyes with my right arm.

That's when I felt something lay down on my chest. I looked down and saw Genji, gripping my shirt as tight as he could.

"G-Genji...?" I stuttered.

"Don't EVER think about that, or say that, again!" he stated, getting into his serious tone.

"But Genji-"

"(Y/n), I love you too much to even THINK about you not being here with me...."

I sat there in silence. Genji's never said he loved me unless he needed me...it's usually the whole formal version of saying, "I love you." Genji.....

I put my hand on his head, or helmet, feeling him flinch under my touch. I smile a bit as the coldness of his steal "hat" sends waves of shivers down my body. 

"Genji....I love you too..." I say softly.

I hear a slight chuckle as he looks up at me through his green visor. I smile at him, sensing a smile from him. 

Minutes go by with us laying there, enjoying each others embrace. I can't help but still think if Overwatch is my thing. I mean, they did kill all my relatives. Why? That's what I need to figure out. I look around the room, relaxing my muscles on his silky blankets, still thinking. I think too much....(Y/n) just relax for a bit..., I thought, Just because 76 shot at me...and almost killed me...doesn't mean things aren't gonna get better. I encourage myself to my hearts content to think positively and focus on the future career with me in Overwatch HQ. I look at Checkers in the room, having a "what the hell?" face. How did he even get in here? Bitch, magic...or....IMAGINATION! I giggle to myself before thinking of me and Genji, along with Shadow and Checkers, of course. That's when I start thinking of my friend....his chocolate brown hair....dark brown eyes....slim, pale body....who is he? Heh, my old pal Zachary.