13: Garden Walk of Memories

After yesterday, I don't know what will happen once me and Genji meet each other. I am nervous yet curious about today. But, we'll see.

However, I did notice something different yesterday...His armor had a slight red in it that would flash lightly from time to time when things heated up. I shrugged it off until now, What if that wasn't Genji at all? I thought as I walked out of my room and to the beach, What if it was something else? I continued to think as I felt my feet hit the warm sand, sending waves of warmth to my spine.

"Checkers, have you noticed something different about Genji?" I asked him as he sat on my lap, facing me once I reached close to the muddy sand and sat down.

All he did was meow and purr while he slightly shook his head.

"I take that as a no...but, it does seem like he was different yesterday."

I pet Checkers and felt him purr more. I smiled to myself, "Maybe I was just seeing things..."

I continued to pet him until I noticed something green hit the ground next to me. I turned my head and blushed as hard as life would let my body. Genji sat next to me, not facing my direction but slightly downwards towards the blue waves.

We sat in complete silence. 

"Koneko....I am sorry about yesterday's events. I don't know what came over me." Genji finally said as he slightly looked in my direction, breaking the silence. "That was unneeded and not....appropriate."

I look at him and then at Checkers, wondering what I should do.

"...Genji....it's fine. Anything can happen when love hits someone....Kinda like a bullet to the heart." I said as I put my head on his shoulder. I was slightly stiff because of the embarrassment from now and yesterday, this was a comfort to him so I want him to be comfortable with this "situation."

He put his left arm around my waist and hugged me from the side.

"It was still uncalled for. I deserve not to be forgiven for yesterday, I was not myself. It was as if I didn't have control of my actions."

"It is fine. Really. Now accept my forgiveness and move on you weirdo..!" I joked as I gently hit his shoulder.

Genji chuckled and petted Checkers, "Fine....You know, you're just like Hanzo, you are as stubborn as him when it comes to insisting on things to others."

"Shut up! You do the same thing when it comes to sharing your ramen!" I pouted. This seemed to make him chuckle more and cross his arms, looking down at me as I looked up at him.

"So you are saying that Genji's ramen is not good?" he exclaims.

"Maybe!"

Checkers looks at him and then at me. He jumps off of my lap and runs away, nervous like.

"What the- AAAAHHHHH!!!" I scream as Genji tries flinging himself at me.

I dodge and run away as he follows along slowly catching up. I backflip behind him and slightly push his back. He staggers a bit and then disappears in a whoosh of smoke. What the fuck!? Where did he go?! I think while staying on guard at all times. I look around and hear soft footsteps everywhere from behind, in front, sides, and from afar.

"GOT YOU!" Genji yells as he picks me up and spins us in a circle.

"NOOO! I was so close to freedom...!" I giggle out as he puts me down, "Plus you're a FUCKING. NINJA. It's not fair!"

"All is fair in love and war." he responds, looking at me with a slight hint of sass.

"Oh boy, don't you sass me!" I say while putting my hands on my hips shaking my head.