Chapter 41

Jason's POV

I rub my temples stressfully as these idiots keep babbling complete nonsense. I was in a very important meeting and my patience was thinning. I was also eight o'clock at night and this was hour five of this stupid meeting. I had be nonstop working for the past week because of a break in at one of my several warehouses and I didn't have time to take my bipolar meds this morning. They were a brand specifically made for Absidians and boy did I need them.

"So we were thinking that we could-" The man gets cut off by my phone ringing. Without even looking at the Caller ID, I answer. "What?!" I bark, running my fingers through my messy hair for the thousandth time. "Jay Jay, I'm at the store and I wanted to know what kind of ice cream you want for tomorrow. Are you as excited as I am?" Juliet's bubbly innocent voice rings through my ear. Ice cream? Are you kidding me? I told her that I would be in a very important meeting today and what the hell is she doing at the store without me, especially at this time of night?

"Julie-" I try to stop but she starts rattling on.

"They have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry,"

"Juliet..." My patience running thinner.

"Chocolate Peanut Butter, Orange, Mint, Cookies and Cream,"

"Juliet stop." I growl.

"Oooh they have Rocky Road and Cotton Candy too. Your favorites, Jay J-"

"SHUT UP DAMN IT." I bark, my stress exploding and I lose it. "I don't give a flying fuck about ice cream. Why is it so damn important anyway? Don't fucking call me again unless you are dying or your life is in serious danger." I hiss

A whimper and sniffle brings me back to reality and I curse under my breath. Another fuck up by the one and only Jason McCann.

I go to console her and apologize but a loud wail then a dial tone cuts me off. She hung up on me and she's having a breakdown in the middle of the store. Amazing. I groan loudly and lay my head down on the large table. "Meeting adjourned." I mumble and they all run out, scared of my mood at the moment.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Shit. Damn it. Fuck." I curse loudly to myself. I felt like an utter dick. I hurt my princess because I was ornery and forgot my meds. I'm just so tired. I've gotten only about 16 hours of sleep this week and I barely got to see my angel. Recipe for a disaster. As I curse myself internally, I suddenly yawn and notice that this chair is really comfy. My eyes start fluttering closed and I make myself more comfortable. A little nap won't hurt.

As I start slipping in and out of consciousness in my chair, the only thing running though my mind is what the fuck is tomorrow? I'm sure it's nothing important. I would remember if it was.

_______________________________________

Juliet's POV

I sob as I grab both the Rocky Road and Cotton Candy ice cream anyway and head to check out. Jay Jay does this sometimes when he's stressed but it hasn't ever been this bad. He really hurt my feelings this time. I have felt really neglected this past week because Jay Jay hasn't been there, other than at night time, and the gang has been working hard too. I just hope they are ready for tomorrow because we are going to have so much fun!

I get random looks of sympathy as I check out and ride my bike back home. I wipe my tears as I park my bike in the garage. The gang doesn't even acknowledge me as they type furiously on their laptops when I walk in and put the ice cream up, despite my sniffles.

My eyes water at the neglection and I run upstairs to mine and Jay Jay's room. I pray that he's in there so he can apologize and hold me close, whispering sweet nothings in my ear, but I'm met with an empty black room..again. My lip trembles as I climb into bed and bury myself under the warm covers. I sleep on Jason's side and inhale his delicious scent off his pillow while popping my thumb in my mouth. As my eyes flutter close, I pray tomorrow will be a good day.

__________________________________

Next morning.

Juliet's POV

When I wake up, my eyes sting and burn from the tears of last night. I notice the emptiness of the bed and sigh, holding back the new batch of tears that were brewing at the surface. I suddenly remember what today is and squeal, running to my closet and picking out my favorite dress. A sudden thought makes me smile. Maybe they were all downstairs and waiting for me!

Skipping down the stairs, I scan the area and my smile fades. No one is there. My lips pout naturally and as I pass by the mirror, I can see my eyes turning a blackish-grey. My cheeks were still stained with inky black lines. I walk into the kitchen and grab a paper towel, wetting it and blotting away the tears.

I begin on making the cake and dinner for tonight. I just know they are out because they're going to surprise me! I giggle at the thought as I mix the cake batter, my favorite. I'm going to make lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting and one big chocolate cake for the ones that don't like lemon. I was also going to make my favorite meal (which is also my parents favorite too), Chicken Marsala and Fettuccine Alfredo. Yum! The gang loves it too, especially Jason and Carter.

____________________

I finish a few hours later and smile at my work, wiping the flour off my face. I had just gotten off the phone with my parents and siblings and they all sang to me and wished me a happy birthday. I quickly set the table, filling the plates with food. "Boys! It's time to eat!" I yell excitedly out the swinging kitchen door and wait for the pounding footsteps to come from all over the house. I frown when it stays silent.

Surely they would be back by now, it's six o'clock. I slowly walk out into the living room and I notice a note on the coffee table. I pick it up with shaky hands, my eyes already tearing up.

Juliet,

Hope you're okay with an empty house for the next few days. Jason called and said we have a mission in Florida because of a lead on the warehouse break in so we had to leave A.S.A.P. Have fun and don't cause any trouble, missy. (AKA Don't burn the house down trying to light candles.) Love you.

-Carter

They forgot. They really forgot. It hurts even more that my Jay Jay forgot and the last thing he said to me was hurtful screaming words.

I slowly walk back into the dining room and sit down in my chair. I grab my tiara and place it on my head before eating. I scan the empty chairs and sigh sadly. My face stayed impassive, even when I lit the candles on the cake.

"H-happy birthday to m-me. Happy b-birthday to me. Happy birthday, d-dear Juliet. Happy *hiccup* b-birthday to me." I sing, tears flowing down my face as I blow out my seventeen candles. My singing echoes through the empty house and it only makes me feel more alone. I grab a party popper and pull it making the streamers fly out and I giggle for a slight moment as they rain down on my head.

I wipe my tears and emotionlessly pick up the plates and bring them in the kitchen, where I wrap them up and put the gangs names on them so they will have lunch when they get back. I set them in the fridge then trudge my way upstairs, feeling more alone then ever. How could they forget?