Chapter 34

Tyla POV

SOO I GRADUATED!!

I cant tell you how happy I am to be done with school.

Just as I was about to ask my parents where we were going, I saw Miles standing with her family. She was looking at me and she winked. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Come on," Momma said and I was confused. She gave my mom my stuff and gave her a kiss before she led us away.

"Where are we going?" I asked. She smiled and just shook her head.

We walked towards one of the further parking lots at my school.

"Why did you park soo far," I said.

"Just come on," As we got closer I realized that it wasnt her car. It was car like everyone else. I almost screamed when I saw it. I ran towards it.

"Damn hold up, you know i'm getting old." I heard momma say as she tried to keep up with me running.

I got to it and my momma knows me so well. Mine is black and gold. When she finally caught up to me I gave her a huge hug.

"OMG I LOVE YOU!" She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too T, congradulations," She tossed me the keys and I caught them. She pointed at the front seat and I walked over. I unlocked it and got in.

I took a deep breath as I got confortable in my seat. Momma got in the passenger seat and gave me directions to get out. I had a feeling I knew where we were going though.

When we got on the highway it was pretty empty.

"Push on it girl," Momma said and I looked over at her and laughed before getting in the fast lane and stepping on the gas. We sped up soo fast and I was basically going 100 miles per hour we drove like that for about two minutes before my heart dropped to my ass. In my rearview mirror was blue and red flashing lights.

"Fuck," I said. I slowed down and pulled over to the side. Momma stayed quiet and relaxed. My hands were shaking. As the officer walked over to the car. Momma got out with her hands up. I watched as the officer hesitated before letting her walk over.

Momma pulled out her wallet and showed the officer something inside of it. The officer then changers her mood completely. She smiled at momma and they laughed together. As I continued to watch it was weird that they began engaging in actual conversation. Momma waved me over to come out.

I slowly got out of the car and walked over.

"This is Tyla. Wow she looks just like a perfect mix of you and London,"

Yeah WTF is this.

"Hi," I said being polite.

"Okay, well I we have your plate now and it wont happen again, sorry for the inconvenience Cori,"

"It's okay, I probably forgot to tell Carl about it."

They exchanged goodbyes and we began walking back to the car.

I sat back in the seat and I was still confused.

Momma looked over at me and I didn't know what to say or do. The officer drove past us and went on about her business.

"Drive," She said and I just did as I was told.

"What was that back there," I said after pulling off.

"Listen, I have a long history with the cops here. All the plates of the people in the crew, the crew cars, and our cars are on a list of cars that they aren't supposed to bother. I have a good friend high in the police system that helps me out. I forgot to put yours on the list last night,"

I looked at her dumbfounded. My mother really has Miami and probably more parts of Florida wrapped around her finger.

"Okay," I didn't know what else to say.

When we pulled up the complex where my house is everyone was outside talking. Actually, I have the best family. I know we may fight a lot and we might all be into some different things but they always support and have your back.

I got out and they admired my car.

"Damn that gold is cold as fuck," Jacob said and everyone laughed.

"Jacob come on," Momma said as we all walked towards the door.

When we got to the elevator, we decided to go in groups. Mom, Auntie Raven, Aunt Nicole, Uncle Tyler, Grandma, Jacob and Dylan went first. Momma wanted me and Tristan with her.

I watched them all get on and the doors closed.

"I want the two of you to know how much I love y'all. This is a huge accomplishment in Tyla's life and soon you will accomplish the same Tristan. All I ever wanted for you guys was the best. I grew up without much family after your grandfather died, but trust me. He would have loved you guys soo much," Momma dug in her pocket and pulled out a neckless with a triquetra symbol on it.

"This necklace belonged to him. He always was the kind of person that believed that if you can control your mind, body, and spirit then you can do anything. Pop even told me young that when I grow up that I will pass this down to my child and from today it yours, I'm so proud of you Tyla." He looked over at me and I was crying on the inside. So much that I was beginning to tear up a little bit. She put it on my neck and I gave her a huge hug. She then looked over at Tristan.

"I know I am hard on you, but that is only because I see so much of myself in you. Stubborn, hard headed, and there are plenty of great qualities but we let the bad ones get the best of us. Keep believing in yourself and never settle for less. I know you can accomplish so much. I am proud of you," Momma reached back in her pocket and pulled out a watch.

"This is pops watch, I found it when I helped your grand mother move, It was a big deal because one day I was playing in his stuff when he told me not to and I lost that watch. Oh boy I got my ass beat, but now it's yours. Your grandfather was a great man, and even your grandmother knows how much you are like him too." Tristan gave momma long hug and I really had to control the water works that were coming to my eyes.

Momma finally hit the elevator button and we got on. She let me do the honors of putting my hand on the pad. It took us straight up and I was nervous and excited at the same time. This is the most emotions I have felt in a long time.

The doors opened and my mouth dropped wide open. Its fucking gigantic, there is even a spiral staircase.

"I have two floors," I said as I walked out.

"Yeah, but maybe you should check out this floor first," Momma laughed as she spoke. I was too hype right now.