Anyone Who Treats You Ordinary (Baby, You're Extraordinary)

"Just for the record, I think your presence is unnecessary." I said offhandedly as I paced the length of the living room in the loft, not bothering to glance at the father and son hunters who were standing to the side of the room. It didn't take long for Scott to announce the identity of the Hellhound to those who didn't know, and even less time for him to volunteer my personal connection to him. Gerard had leered at me suggestively as Chris asked if I would mind summoning Jordan somewhere we could speak to him in private about the break in the case.

I had no idea what the Argents had planned for the unsuspecting deputy but I was glad that I had offered to come with them while Scott and Liam went back to whatever they did when not dealing with the supernatural.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I restlessly paced the length of the living room, causing me to tap my fingertips on the arm that was folded against my stomach and it didn't help that I could feel Gerard's beady little eyes piercing my skin. My gaze kept slipping towards the front door, thinking that every little sound was footsteps heading towards the loft as I forced myself not to look at either of the Argents.

The sudden knock on the front door caused me to jump slightly in surprise and I rolled my eyes at myself because I had been so focused on trying to listen for footsteps that I had completely missed them. I blinked my eyes in shock as I froze in place for a moment before I hurried around the couch, catching sight of the amusement plastered on both Argent's faces as they watched me intently. I sent them both a scathing look over my shoulder as I headed towards the door and Gerard smirked openly, not when denying the silent accusation while Chris had the decency to look at the ground in an attempt to hide his slight smile.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves; it was no easy task to tell someone that they weren't human and that were the only thing standing between the innocents of the town and complete annihilation. Of course Jordan knew that he wasn't human; it wasn't hard to work out when someone set you on fire and you survived without a scratch. The only silver lining to the whole ordeal was that after months of searching through every bestiary imaginable and bleeding every one of my contacts dry for information, we were finally getting an answer to what he was.

I plastered a fake smile on my lips as I slid open the door to reveal Jordan standing on the other side in a clingy blue shirt that showed off his impressive muscle and I had to force my gaze not to linger on expanse of skin left uncovered by the opened buttons. His green eyes lit up slightly at the sight of me as he offered me a small grin and my smile came a little more naturally as I stepped aside so that he could enter the loft. I closed the door behind him as I tried not to let my nerves show outwardly and I noticed he had paused with a slightly confused frown when he caught sight of Chris and Gerard were present.

"So, you know Chris, but this is his father, Gerard. Long story short, we hate him but he's useful." I introduced them dispassionately with a wave of my hand, rolling my eyes when Gerard raised the glass of scotch he must have gotten without my noticing with a smirk on his lips. Jordan quirked an eyebrow inquisitively but thankfully didn't ask any questions that I would have to awkwardly answer. I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched Jordan and Chris shake hands in greeting, a slight tension in the air since the three times they had met each other Chris was being arrested or Allison had just died, or Chris was dying with a metal pole in his abdomen.