Exquisite Form of Self-Destruction

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I'm trying something different. A little more X-Rated. A little more dirty.

Sensitive readers can stop at the page break.

___________________________________________

I groaned out loud in annoyance when there was yet another knock on my bedroom door and I gingerly climbed out of the comfortable cocoon I had set up in my bed.

I had spent the entire morning wrapped up in my blankets, losing myself in the fantasy world of my novel while soft music played in the background and fielding concerned family members who wanted to check on me. I woke up with Lydia's arm wrapped around my waist from behind, Liam and Hayden snuggled together on the floor in a makeshift bed made out of pillows and blankets, and Scott fast asleep in the armchair in the corner of my bedroom. It had taken me nearly forcing them out of the room, promising them over and over that I was completely healed and I would call immediately if I had the slightest twinge of pain.

I threw my book down on the bed as I slowly made my way towards the closed door and I plastered a small smile on my lips, expertly masking the irritation I felt at being interrupted for the thousandth time. I knew that they were only concerned for me, curious about what exactly happened down in that dungeon but I had diverted there attention every time they started to ask me an questions.

"If you ask me how I feel, I'm going to hit you, and then ask you how you feel." I warned my brother pointedly with a quirked eyebrow when I saw him standing on the threshold of my room and he smiled sheepishly at me as he shifted on his feet while I went back over to sit on the edge of my bed. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to check on you." he admitted with a shrug of his shoulders as he walked further into the room and I shot him a reprimanding glare as he chuckled apologetically. "It's been an hour since last time I asked you."

"I'm completely fine, Scott." I told him with a roll of my eyes as I tucked my leg up to my chest and rested my chin on my knee. The only reason I hadn't snapped at him to leave me alone was because I knew that he felt guilty about the kidnapping, that he felt like it was his fault for leaving us alone and I didn't want to add to the unnecessary blame already on his shoulders.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go take mom dinner and then I'm meeting up with Stiles and his dad to go over what happened at the morgue last night."

"Yeah, who is the latest suspect?"

"Um, it's, uh, it's Deputy Parrish." he answered hesitantly as he avoided eye contact with me, rubbing the back of his neck nervously and both of my eyebrows shot up in surprise but I quickly composed my expression as I thought about the facts.

"I guess that makes sense. We don't know what kind of supernatural creature he is, so this is just another symptom to add to the list. Glowing orange eyes, increased strength, affinity for fire, connected to death." I responded nonchalantly as I leaned back against my pillow, stretching my legs out in front of me and Scott seemed bewildered by my casual attitude but quickly adopted an amused smirk as he shook his head at me.

My gaze lingered on the dark circles underneath my brother's eyes, on the way his lips turned down in the corners and I tilted my head to the side scrutinisingly as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Sweetheart, everything okay?"

Scott snapped his dark brown eyes towards me in surprise, his lips parted slightly like he was about to say something but he quickly stopped himself as his expression seemed to crumble in front of me. He collapsed onto the side of the bed next to me, his head buried in his hands and I frowned in concern as I placed a concerned hand on his back while he spoke solemnly in a muffled voice, "Something's changed."