t h i r t y - s i x

The dinner my mom made was delicious but it got totally awkward, Jack being there and of course the lie I was keeping. It was early when we called it a night that day. I never got the chance to say goodbye to Jack because Cade beat me to it. He escorted Jack outside and as much as possible, I sent daggers to Cade because I don't know what he's gonna do with Jack. As soon as Cade gets back, I throw him a finger and he just smiled at me. Is he trying to annoy me because it is really working.

Now is the next day and Jack invited me to hang out at their place and he will pick me up in a minute. I am waiting for his arrival then the annoying brother came to the picture.

"Heading to see curly boy, aye?" Cade smirked and I am a this close to slapping him.

"Yes, and is it your business?" I retort, he is really getting on my nerves ever since the not sticking to the plan thing.

"Just don't come home crying. Again." he retorted back.

As if on cue, Jack's car pulled on the front of our house and thank God for thou he sent a saviour for me not doing a sin to my brother. I headed to his car and jump right in and slammed the door.

"You okay?" am I okay? No I am not. "Yes."

"Okay." he said then continued to drive.

I still don't know what my brother told him and I am really curious to know so why not ask him. I am really talkative, o my god.

"Uhm. About last night." I said clearing up the heavy air in the car. "What about last night?"

"What did my brother told you?" I blurted out then he shifted. He always gets awkward when he's nervous. "Some brother things that we usually say to our sister's suitor."

I can't help but smile. "You're my suitor? I didn't know you liked old fashioned traditions."

"I don't like old fashioned traditions." he said and that made me curious so I looked at him and arched my eyebrows. He just smiled then he says, "I like you."

That line threw me out of this world. My stomach consists not just the butterflies but the whole animal kingdom. My heart beats fast that I'm worried that it will bust out of my chest. It took too long for me to respond but these words are the only thing that I can construct. "Y-Yo-You lik-ke me?"

"Yes I do and I've been planning that to tell you since the first day we met, since 1st grade."

🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫

hey im really sorry for the late upload, i forgot to upload it cause we already have to go back to school which is a bummer cause we only had a month of vacation but i will try to upload every saturday, thank you for understanding it means a lot.

-desay💙
@deeznutsavery