Chapter 3 Darling

It was morning, Shinji was feeding a bunch of birds throwing seeds at the ground. His peaceful moment is interrupted by Goro.

Goro:"Back in the garden children usaully they called you white bird"

Shinji looks at Goro with a surprised face.

Shinji:(Sarcastic)"I thought everyone forgot about that one"

Goro:"Nope, come on we should head to meet the others"

Shinji follows Goro to the lunch room where everyone was looking at something when Goro and Shinji look they put shocked expression. It was Zero two putting honey into her food everyone was disgusted or surprise of her action. Zero two looks at everyone until she sees Shinji among the children.

Zero Two:(Smiling)"Good morning Shinji!"

Zorome:"Is that the partner killer?"

Miku:"But how does she know Shinji"

Then Shinji began to explain to everyone how she met Zero two before the attack, Goro left to inform Ichigo the squad leader about their guest. The rest of the group began to eat awkwardly along Zero two, until she gets up and walks towards Shinji.

Zero two:(Offers her hand)"Shinji, do you want to eat with me"

Shinji gets a little shocked as he blushes.

Shinji:"Yeah sure"

Little later Zero two starts feeding him with the food that she makes, witch has honey on it.

Zero two:"Does it taste good"

Shinji:"Yeah it taste good"

Just then Ichigo, Hiro and Goro arrive and saw the scene of Shinji getting feed by Zero two, each of them had different expressions, Hiro was surprised, Ichigo was shocked and Goro was confuse.

Hiro:'What is she doing?'

Ichigo:'Why is she feeding Shinji?'

Goro:"What is happening everyone?"

Miku:"She just shows up and starts making the food disgusting"

Hiro walks up to Zero two and Shinji.

Shinji:"Hey Hiro"

Hiro:"Did I really piloted a franxx?"

Zero two looks at Hiro and smiles as she touches his face.

Zero two:"You sure did and you were impressive dar-ling"

Everyone remain silent for a second and they look at Zero two.

Shinji:"She called you what?"

Everyone:"Darling?"

Then the door opens and Nana enters the lunch room.

Nana:"Here you all are"

Shinji:(Happy)"Nana!"

Nana:"I'm here to inform you that I'm now designated here and you all going to have a test with an actual franxx except Code: 016, 000 and 002"

Hiro gets sad because he couldn't pilot, later Zero two is in her designated room not with the rest squad 13, right now as she lay on her bed she only had one thought Shinji. She saw him as the most beautiful being in this world but she was sad that he couldn't pilot with him.

Zero two:"I need to pilot with him, until I can get darling to pilot with me"

Zero two gets up and she gets out of her room. Meanwhile Shinji was alone in the house so he decided to take a bath as he removes his clothes, the glove and the bandages revealing his red arm as he relaxes in the water and closes his eyes then he begins to feel something soft behind his back.