o55

This chapter is dedicated to my friend xxlyraxx as my belated birthday gift to her❤❤ I love you, Lyra<33

09:34:23

THE POND.

The pond was my favorite cite at the amusement park after experiencing at least fifteen types of nerve-cracking rides and attractions.

It suits me - calm and quite as a lake. What's more enjoyable in it was that we got to fish along with everyone for koi fish.

Since the shape of the pond was circular, each one of us formed a circle around it while sitting side by side. Proclaimed to be the greatest fisher amongst us all, Doyoung sat right beside me.

When he started to speak, I began to wonder if he came closer to me so everyone can hear him bragging. But his almost-library-full of knowledge was definitely worth bragging for.

"Have you guys heard of Dragon's Gate on Yellow River?" Doyoung asked, double-checking his fishing net to check if it has no defections.

"I only know Dragon Warrior," Donghyuck joked, legs crossed in front of him whilst eyeing for a good spot where the most colorful koi fish was settled.

Nobody laughed at his joke except for Mark. Assumingly, he's the only one who knew Donghyuck's reference.

Doyoung rolled his eyes skyward, letting a heavy sigh escape his lips. His raven hair suited the pitch black sky above us. "Lucas should know. This is a legend from your country."

"Sorry," Lucas said "Not too historic. Also, am not the studious type."

"Am I the only one with a good brain here?" Doyoung palmed his forehead. Then his eyes shot open like there's a realization that hit him that was about to doom him. "Oy, Taeyong, didn't mean to include you," he added, eyes widely opened.

"Uh-oh..." Chenle mumbled to himself, fixing his glance on the two men.

Taeyong didn't say a word. He just sat there, arms folded in front of his chest. Goodness, he's not even fishing. 'Fishes don't go near me, what's the point', that was his excuse a while ago.

"Yong," I told him from the other side of the pond. "Don't you want to try?" I smiled.

"I believe I made myself clear that I don't," he replied dryly.

"Please?" oh my god, what the hell am I telling this person to do? "Just hold the net or at least throw a bait in the water or something. You don't need to catch one."

He fixed his glance on me. Dang, I reject that I even tried to convince this man. However to everyone's surprise, he twitched his hood forward and said, "If you insist."

I smiled, watching Jaehyun bring his own fishing net for him.

"I can't believe this goddamnit scenery-"

"Hush, Mark Lee," Doyoung hissed, placing his finger on his mouth. Then he sighed again, "Anyway, let me continue my statement. Yellow river is a large waterfall. Many koi fishes would attempt to pass through the current, but only the strong and the brave were able to get to the final leap. It was said that if a carp was able to complete the journey through Dragon's Gate at the top of the falls, then it would transform into a powerful dragon."