o49

*

*

The ornaments of the Capital Center's buildings seemed like enormous maws of monsters. Silver tiles coated the floor, its elements glimmering with no speck of dusts. The windows were unbelievably huge, sizing equally to that of the headquarters' doors.

We were walking side by side, the seven of us. For being the oldest, Doyoung was the one who took the lead. His poise and confidence made me think that he's been in this place often. Rows of guards and attendants greeted us, but only one caught my attention.

Groomed with darkened clothes, Kun was standing at the doorway. Our gaze met for a few seconds, his amber eyes studying my figure. I tried hard not to gulp, to show him that I'm not anymore afraid of them, and to remind him that with the bosses around me, they can threaten me no more.

"Welcome to the Capital Center, Your Distingués," he flashed us the kindest smile I've ever seen from someone who's working at the Capital.

Doyoung raised his chin, "A pleasure."

"Allow me to escort you to the meeting room. Distingué Yuta and the others highly wait for your presence."

Sicheng stepped forward, "And Sooji?". His voice writhed of luculent worry.

Kun paused for a moment, hands folded behind his back. "She's taken to the opposite wing. Don't fret, she's under proper protection and care."

Jaehyun nudged Sicheng on the shoulders, mumbled something between the words of "okay" and "safe". The blonde man responded silently with a nod.

Beside me, Lucas was strangely quiet. I asked him what's the matter and held his hand frantically. They're pale and cold. Without sparing a glance at me, he waved his head as if to say nothing.

I didn't believe him.

*

The meeting room was beautiful, but not friendly. The ceilings reminded me of coal, embellished with stones of silver and gem. It made it seem as if there's smoke orginating from within it, eventhough there's not.

An enormous rectangular table was located in rhe middle, its glass as black as the night sky. But darkness didn't end there. Sitting on the farthest side of the table was Yuta, his clothes covering him as if it served as an armor ready to protect him from any detriment. Meanwhile two of the chairs were already occupied by Taeyong and Ten, while the others remain vacant.

"Hello, everyone," Yuta flashed us a smile, as if there was no history between us. "Come and take a seat."

We all did.

I could feel somebody's eyes on me. It was Taeyong's. I raised my gaze to find his, only to say nothing. Then I noticed he covered his head with his hood, reminding me of the first time we met each other at the train.