o14

A/n:
Before anything else, could we talk about NCT DREAM'S GO MV? When I first watched it, I immediately remembered my story! I was like OMG, IT'S SUCH A MATCH. IT's like how I imagined it. I mean, the setting,  the aura! Did you see those trains? The buildings? The neon lights? The elevators? The Dreamies running? XD The gang-feeling? also, the place felt so mysterious and kind of like, they're the only people there. Lol. I mean, it matches to my story! Haha. I dunno maybe it's just me. Also, it's kinda techy too, huh? Like the intro of the mv. Haha. I don't even know if what I said made sense. Lol. Just ignore what I said lmao. Don't mind me. Here's an update for you guys:

ENJOY!

Jaemin points north- at least I guess it's north

"We travelled here, Jeena. But it's just me, Jeno, and Donghyuck who went here. Renjun stayed at the orphanage to watch Chenle and Jisung. We missed you so much, Jeena. You have no idea what happened back there when you didn't arrive that one night," he looks at me in the eyes, studying my face. "You gave us all a heart-attack."

"I am so sorry, Jaemin." I tell him, biting my lower lip. "I am such a fool. And a coward. It's my fault I made you guys worry. I-I don't deserve you guys, you shouldn't have done all of this for me--"

Jaemin steps closer.

"You're wrong," he says. "Jeena, you are very wrong. Stop saying things like that. You deserve everything." he breathes, touching my arm. "You are our hero, Jeena. So don't you ever say you don't deserve us."

"Jaemin, this is not what it is supposed to be. You guys should live a happy life. It sucks, you know? That you are all living miserably because of me. I-" I stutter, thinking of the right words. "I should've died and be gone instead--"

"JEENA!", Jaemin screamed. Not because he's mad at me, but because we're simply broken. We're kids, who found comfort and shelter to each other. And this, saying that I would rather die, were such insensitive, cruel words that came out of my lips.

I blink. I paused.

what did
I just tell
him?

Oh, what a fool I am.

"Jeena," Jaemin says, his voice overly smooth and gentle. It's like we're not in the Capital, but back to the orphanage, back to our dirty kitchen, back to our rusty playground and back to our silly, connected beds. Just like when Jeno used to tell us bedtime stories, treating us like we're his little siblings. Renjun, who would distribute popcorns around the bedroom whereas Chenle and Jisung would spill them at the bed almost everywhere. Then Donghyuck would complain either of the messy popcorns or of Jeno's boring stories. Jaemin, who would say: 'no, they're not boring at all. Continue!', but was always the first one to fall asleep. I would always be the last one to sleep, and it gives me a lot of benefits. I can watch their faces: their pure, angelic faces. Then I would study them, every curve of their cheeks, the slant of their eyebrows, the mountains on top of their lips, and the life that we all shared together. Those were visions that I wouldn't probably see anymore, so I decided to imprint them on my brain until I say my last farewell.