o32

Lucas is a forest fire

His eyes are as pure and green as the trees, but then there's his skin: burning like kindled fire as he easily closed the distance between our bodies.

"Nina," he said, his voice thick and soft with passion.

I have never been conscious of Lucas like ever before to anyone or anything else in my entire life. I have never been so alert at the faint glow of green beneath his half-closed lids, the audible slant of his jawline and most especially his lips.

They're shaped like perfect crescent: full and of curves. I stared at the slight dent in the center of his lower lip, my heartbeat racing to my chest. His hands moved from my waist down to my hips, placing it there with so much delicateness.

My heart exploded like feathers when he leaned his face towards me and brushed his lips across mine. I released a soft sigh, hands moving up to the nape of his neck.

He's burning hot to the touch.

"Lucas, I-"

"Oh no, no, no. Not it my place."

Lucas and I separated a good inches away form each other upon hearing someone's voice. His hands instantly released its grip from my body, green eyes wide in surprise.

Ten is standing over the corridor, one closed fist placed in front of his mouth. "Oh, sorry. I'll just pretend that I didn't see that," then he cleared his throat, his eyes teasingly darted towards the both of us.

I am aware of the hues of pink scattered on my cheeks from blushing. Lucas, however, managed to maintain his composure.

"Where's Jungwoo?" he asked the shorter man, as if he was never caught in the middle of our act.

"Over there. Should I call him? Are you guys leaving?"

"Yes, we are. Thanks for looking out for Nina yesterday." Lucas replied.

"Anytime, Lucas. You can count on me anytime," then he looked at me. "Visit here some other time, okay? I kind of like you."

Then he winked.

"Um," was all I can say.

"She's not coming back here anymore, Ten," stated Lucas.

Ten groaned in frustration. "Why?"

Lucas waved his head. "She just can't."

"Then if that's the case then I'll be the one to pay visits to you guys. Is it okay, Jeena?" he asked me.

I simply nodded. "Okay."

Ten smiled at me. "No matter what happens, don't join the competition. Being a Champion makes you no different from a prisoner," he warned, voice as hard as steel. "Wolves will prey on you."