o54

[A/n: try listening to the music added above while reading☺]

*

I AM OVERWHELMED.

After approximately a half hour of travel with Taeyong and Jungwoo, little lights started becoming visible through the car's glass window.

They're like tiny stars in the sky, only that they were a lot more colorful, a lot livelier, and a lot more majestic with a sprinkle of magic and romance in it.

As we drove headstraight closer and closer to those lights- they started beaming enormously, as it we were confined in the middle of the universe's giant galaxiy, like we're sinking into the milky way, and hanging by the edge of green-and-purple hues of eyeblinding aurora.

I can see my own reflection in the car's window. My eyes- they're twinkling.

My heartbeat started making repeating dug dug sounds inside my chest. Catching the expression on my face, Jungwoo and Taeyong both smiled.

"Almost there." Taeyong announced. And he was still smiling. Softly. I've never thought I could see him smile like that. As for Jungwoo, he gripped my right shoulder, leaned close to me and said, "This is for you and Lucas."

As if on cue, the car entered a new scenery. Now I found out where the lights came from.

I've been here with Lucas before. Once. This was where I took my first picture with the camera that he bought for me, the first time I ever witness a sunrise like I'm on the highest part of the world.

This is Lucas' favorite place. Merry-Go-Round.

I scrutinized the place around me. This wasn't how it was the last time we were here.

This place is now... alive.

The rusty carnival was polished and glimmered like it was brand-new. The what was once destroyed bulbs, lights, and lanterns were fixed into overpowered luminousity. The rides-  they were all working. The Merry-Go-Around was functioning as it revolved around the focus point, the artificial metal horses bright and shiny.

Even the labels were clearer now. And I can read them properly by myself.

"Thank you, Jungwoo," I said, still awestruck at the view in front of me that my eyes never left it.

"For what?" he asked softly.

"For being my friend. For teaching me how to read."

One attraction had the word Magic Carpet of Neo hanging on top of the wall caging it. I can't wait to see what's inside. We passed by plenty that I couldn't even finish reading them - Space Mountain; The Howling Mine; The Barnstormer; The Giggling Floor; The Flying Ship; Journey Under The Sea; Where the Prince Saves the Princess; and goodness- a lot, lot more.

Despite my dumbfounded state, I managed to speak.

"Wh-What happened here?"

Without answering my question, Taeyong parked the car in a station sorrounded by laser lights of pink and neon green.

As if on cue, another car which was twice as large as ours parked at the space beside us. As soon as its headlights turned off, the driver seat flew open and revealed a grinning Mark followed by a newly-bathed Donghyuck who looked like he was having the time of his life.