o37

The drops of rain made tap tap sounds as it collided with the orphanage's rooftop

The drops of rain made tap tap sounds as it collided with the orphanage's rooftop. Small droplets stick to the window, forming a miniature of a greenhouse.

My palm is placed flat on the window. Jaemin's letter was still on my other hand. Reading it made me thought of a lot of things. Reading it unexpectedly healed me.

It may be raining, but the sun is still shining. It produced magnificent hues of yellow, making its way glow through the stormy clouds.

I must move on, I thought.

I must go on with my own adventure.

Jaemin needs to wait a little longer. And we'll see each other again.

*

The funeral will take three days from now, they said. It is how the government works, they said.

I didn't complain.

A few hours passed ever since they took away Jaemin's body. It was the only time I found the courage to hug my brothers one by one. I also decided to be honest with them. I told them about my real end day.

"F-Fifty-nine hours?!" Donghyuck could barely talk.

I nodded.

His brown eyes flickered. "Oh," he said. "Oh," he said again. After that he took a sit at the nearest chair and said nothing. He's just staring at the floor.

I bit my lower lip and comforted him. I don't know if it was enough. I did the same to the younger ones too.

After a moment, Mark came to me. "I've heard."

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out of it.

"Is it true? Th-That you're infected?" he asked, stuttering

I nodded. "It is."

Mark licked his lips. "Oh dear," then he looked at me with sad eyes. Looked at the floor. Looked at Lucas. Then looked at me again. "Oh, Jeena. Th-that's so sad. I really like you. A lot."

"I like you too, Mark." I replied, trying to smile.

"Lucas?", he said. "D-Does he know about this?"

"He does. He's the first person who knew about it."

"I see," then Mark flattened his lips into a thin line. "J-Jeena, I-I know Taeyong is against you and Lucas being together. He's partly right, though. But I think you don't need to listen to him. I think two people who love each other should be together. I think," he breathed. "I think you must make use of your time. The both of you are running out of it."

I have no words to say.

Mark gave me a pat on my right shoulder. "Make memories while you're at it. Do what you want to do."