Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

I, unfortunately, got my wish but in a misconstrued way that wasn't very beneficial at all.

I had been walking out of the school, when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around, confused, and then my face turned incredibly sour towards the person standing there.

Veronica stood, smiling smugly at me as she held some books and papers. "Poor little Stephanie, got a bit of a sickness? It would be a shame if everyone found out."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked her, suddenly a bit of courage making it's way to my brain. "You are a really stereotypical bully, and I didn't even think they existed like you do! I did nothing but hurl some harmless insults at you!"

"You humiliated me in front of everyone," she snarled back. "And I don't allow anyone to damage my pride. How would you like if some rumours damaged yours?"

"Are you threatening me?" I stepped forward, ready to rip her skin off and make it into a blanket. Oh, dark moment there. Bringing it back down to appropriate.

"Yes," she admitted, surprising me a little. "Piss off out of my life and out of this school, and I won't make you the laughing stock of this school and town."

"And how exactly would you do that, Miss Genius?" I snapped back with a bucket load of sarcasm.

"I would expose your sickness of course, as well as spreading a lot more nasty rumours that could potentially ruin your high school life, hence goodbye college and uni," she laughed.

"I'm surprised you even know what 'hence' means."

"I have your whole reputation in my hands," she grinned and batted her eyelashes annoyingly. "Want me to do it? Want me to make you the worst person to ever enter this town?"

As much as I wanted to reply with a snarky statement, I couldn't. I was stumped, and I was frozen for words. She had me in a box, and I couldn't get out unless I did what she said. She could ruin my chances of getting a good end of year score, as well as determine how shitty the uni I was getting into would be. My last name could be associated with this, affecting my parents' reputations as well.

I didn't want to submit to her stupid threat, but I had to. I didn't want this. No one would.

So, I said, "Fine. I'll stay away from this school, fucking happy?"

"Very, and now I won't have to use my secret weapon," she said.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "What 'secret weapon'?"

"You'll know when I use it," she said, giggling to herself as she walked away, her heels clicking as she did so.

I wasn't even going to school anymore anyway, so the price to please her was small. I wasn't angry that she was making me stay away from here.

I was angry that she had the audacity to oppose me.

>< >< ><

"I need to talk to you," I said on the phone to Ethan while biting my nails nervously. "As soon as possible."

"Alright?" he said, seeming unsure. "We could meet up somewhere?"

"How about the park?" I said, looking outside. It was still sunny outside, and it was even getting hotter by the minute. I blew out a breath of air in an attempt to cool myself down.

"Sure. Ten minutes?"

"You got it," I said, hanging up the phone. I rubbed my face with my hands, my heart rate accelerating by the minute. Here we go again, for the third time, that would most likely result in one of two possible reactions. 1. A Xavier/Blake reaction. 2. A Jordan reaction.