Chapter Five

"Um, why the hell are you sitting here?"

He didn't say anything, just kept staring straight ahead. I scoffed and turned my attention to the teacher.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I said, sorry," he repeated.

I snorted. "You don't mean that."

"I do."

I didn't say anything else to him that lesson. I was too confused to say anything. Was his apology sincere? Did he mean it? I had no idea.

>< >< ><

I was sitting in my room, doing homework.

My brain was on the verge of exploding. Seriously, who needs to know all this shit?

I decided to take a walk. It was a Friday night, and I had nothing to do. I grabbed my phone, keys and coat and I walked out of the door, shutting it behind me.

I started walking down the street, plugging in my earphones to listen to music.

I had been walking for about an hour when it started to get dark. I took my earphones out to probably focus on my surroundings.

I realised that I had no idea where the fuck I was.

Shit.

I couldn't see any stores around me, just houses. I turned back around, heading back in the direction that I had been walking in. Maybe that would help jog my memory and I could remember how to get back.

I suddenly felt a hand grip my shoulder. I spun around, ready to kick them in the balls.

I sighed in relief when I saw who it was and then I scowled. "What the hell? You idiots!"

Blake and Jordan stood there, wearing jeans and hoodies. They looked like really hot, but I wasn't going to admit that out loud.

"Well? What do you want?" I asked them when they didn't say anything.

"We want to apologise," they said at the same time.

I narrowed my eyes at them. "Why? Do you actually have a conscience now?"

"Look, what we did was wrong. We know that now and we didn't mean to hurt you," Jordan said. "We're sorry."

When I looked into his eyes, I was expecting to see boredom.

When I did look into his eyes, however, I saw nothing but sincerity and shame. He was ashamed of what he did.

My face softened a bit. Blake wore the same expression of sadness.

"You actually feel bad for what you did?" I asked in disbelief.

They nodded, staring at their feet.

When I saw the sincerity in their eyes again, I sighed.

"Fine, I forgive you. But not Xavier and Ethan, they're still jerks in my mind," I said.

They immediately looked up, smiling. I then saw a mixture of relief and happiness in their eyes. Were they really beating themselves up for what happened?

They then surprised me by engulfing me in a group hug. I froze up, still a little shocked. I awkwardly patted their backs.

"We don't hurt girls. I don't even know why..." Blake started but I cut him off.