Chapter Eighteen

After I kicked around the ball for a little longer, I went inside and got started on the stacks of homework that had started to pile up on my desk. Groan.

However, I then got a text from an unknown number:

Its Ethan. I've changed my mind, I don't need, or want, you to look after the girls.

I stared at his text, a little sad since I was getting excited about having fun with the twins. He didn't have to be so rude, jeez. Someone is on their period. Maybe I should buy him some pads. 

I didn't even text back a reply, I just put my phone away and concentrated on the mountain of homework right in front of me.

>< >< ><

The next day was Friday. The soccer tryouts were getting even closer, and I was starting to doubt that I would even make it since I only got back into the actual game itself yesterday. Oh boy.

Anyway, Blake and Jordan came to my locker in the morning.

"Hey S," Blake greeted, leaning against the lockers trying to look cool. Somehow he pulled it off, the girls around us swooning.

"You're crowding my lockers," I informed them.

Jordan shrugged. "It's a natural thing, girls can't get enough of this." He pointed to his 'muscles'. "Right Blake?"

Blake didn't answer. He was staring at something, or someone, in the other direction. We all turned to see a girl walking through the hallway.

She had brown hair that went past her shoulders, hazel eyes and a pretty much perfect figure. She was holding a stack of books and her bag was falling off her shoulder. Even with her failing efforts at holding her things, she still looked like a goddess. Life was unfair. When I fall over or drop my things, I looked like a wriggling slug who's trying to roll its way through life. Sigh.

Blake was staring at her like a dog who had finally found his owner. Jordan snapped his fingers in front of Blake's face, breaking him out of the trance.

"Little Blake just went googly eyed for the new girl," I cooed, pinching his cheeks while I was teasing him. He playfully slapped my hands away, scowling at the ground with a slight blush. God, he was adorable.

"I did not," he muttered to himself, crossing his arms. Jordan and I both rolled our eyes as I closed my locker. The new girl walked into the office, no doubt going down the same path that I did on my first day.

"You like her?" Jordan asked.

"That's impossible. You can't like someone when you don't even know them," I retorted.

"You don't believe in love at first sight?" Jordan said, looking mockingly offended.

"I don't like her. I reckon she's... alright," Blake intervened, breaking up our joking argument.

Jordan leaned over to me. "He wants to fu-"

"No I do not!" Blake interrupted before any bad words could've made an appearance in the conversation.

"Look, just go introduce yourself to her," I told him. "Just be friendly."

"Or you could just f-" Before Jordan could continue his crude sentence, I covered him mouth with my hand.

"Hey, horndog, shut up. That's not how to impress a girl, idiot," I said, making him surely keep his mouth closed.

Blake rolled his eyes at both of us yet he seemed distracted, staring off into the hallway. Jordan and I raised our eyebrows at him.