24. Keith

"I think you should talk to him Keith. If you still like him, you should tell him."

That's what Pidge said before she left my house in the morning. Now, I lay on my bed knowing I should do something. The pitter patter of rain hits the roof. The sound is calming and I feel my eyes fluttering and closing.

I lay with my eyes closed with the calming sound of rain and almost fall asleep. I lay for about an hour, not doing anything. Well I am thinking. Thinking of him. Thinking of Lance.

Why are you with Allura?

You promised that we would stay single for each other.

You promised you wouldn't be with anyone but me.

You broke your promise Lance.

I know I'm being stupid but when I first met Lance he wasn't cool. He was a loner like me. With anxiety and depression. But now he's cool and he goes to parties and he's dating a cheerleader and he's joining the soccer team.

I wish he wouldn't change.

Now more and more people are liking him. He's friends with cool people like Lotor, Zethrid, Ezor, Acxa and even Rolo (he is not cool though).

My phone goes off and I'm surprised when it's a call from Lance. I hesitantly pick it up.

"Yeah? What's up Lance?"

I hear his breath hitch, "Keith? Can I come over? Please." Automatically I know he's having an anxiety attack. His voice is fast and unsteady and I hear sniffles over the phone.

"Yeah of course is everything okay?" I'm worried and I rush out of my bed and stuff on my boots. I think I'm just wearing black leggings and a red shirt. I run out of my room with the phone still against my ear.

"My dad-" his breath shakes, "Keith my dad-" he hiccups, "Lance what about your dad?" There's silence for what feels like forever as I run down the stairs.

"He's back."

What. What? What!

"Wait how is your dad back? Where was he? Why is this bad? Why haven't I ever met your dad?" I'm yelling into the phone. I don't mind that Acxa is trying to get my attention and so what's wrong.

"Just please can I come over." I hear a scream over the phone, it sounds female, "KEITH PLEASE!" I run outside to my motorcycle. "Lance! I'm coming to pick you up okay? I have to hang up I'm on my bike-" I'm cut off by the sound of another scream and the phone hanging up on me.

I rev up the engine and I gun it.

I'm coming Lance.

*******

I stop in front of his house and I see Lance holding his little sister Chloe's hand and holding baby Marco in his arms. Luis is on Chloe's back. It's not sure how I'll be able to take all four of them home.

Lance and Chloe run to my bike. I see Lance is crying, he looks at the house then back at me hurriedly, "Veronica is on her way. Ezor is picking us up. Do you mind leading Ezor the way to your house? She's uh she's going to drive the little ones." I can tell Lance is trying to remain calm but tears are sliding down his cheeks. He stares at me and his tan skin is pale. His blue eyes so dark they almost look black. I get off my bike and take off my helmet. I take a step towards him, and his siblings all look at me confused. I place my hand on his cheek but almost take it away quickly, his skin is so hot.

His eyes widen but he leans in to me. Our foreheads touch and little Marco is in between us. Marco is sleeping softly and I hear Lance's breath hiccup as I brush his cheek with my thumb. Chloe hugs my legs and I can tell Luis does the same to Lance. We all stand there like a family, together and for a while I think Lance is calming down. I keep brushing his cheek. His tan cheek is soft and warm.

"Keith what I wanted to say last night at the ice cream shop-" Lance starts.

"HONK!"

I turn and see Ezor in a minivan pulling up to the house. The car hasn't even fully stopped and Veronica rushes out of the passenger side. She pushes me to the side and takes my place and hugs Lance. Lance looks back at me with sad eyes, he seems to want to say something but instead turns to his twin.

I watch the family cry and hug each other tightly. Then I hear whispers, Veronica starts, "Lance are you sure we can go to his house?" Lance nods confused, "Yes he said it's okay." Chloe then looks up at Lance, "How are we all going to fit on the motorcycle?" Lance smiles sadly at Chloe, "You, Ver and the boys will go with Ezor. She's going to follow Keith and I on the motorcycle to his house." Chloe and Luis nod. Then Ezor opens up the doors and Veronica takes sleeping Marco from Lance. Veronica kisses Lance on the forehead, the forehead I just was leaning against, and sits in the front seat with Marco in her arms. Ezor helps buckle Luis and Chloe in in the back of the car. Lance looks at me then and I swear he's the most beautiful thing in the world. He's wearing a long gray sweater and blue leggings under. His hair is curly due to him not brushing it and his eyes sparkle with tears. He walks to me, "Well are we going or what?.

I give him my helmet but he denies it, "I don't want to wear it." He says quietly as he gets on the bike. I glare at him, "You have to." He shakes his head and crosses his arms like a child. "I'm not going to." I groan, "Lance stop being a child and wear the helmet." Lance just looks away from me. I want to slap his pretty little face but instead I say, "Well I'm not wearing it if you aren't going to." Lance looks at me surprised. "Wha-" "Here, put it on the rack behind you." I hand him the helmet and he does what I told him to.

I climb hesitantly onto the motorcycle, in between his legs. Right when I get on I'm hugged tightly. Lance's arms wrap around my body so tight I think I might pass out. I feel all his warmth seep into me and I feel comfortable and safe. His chest is pressed against mine and his head rests on the nape of my neck. I can feel his head tingle against my hair. I'm blushing. Hard.

"Keith. Why are you so cold?" Lance asks before I rev the engine. The engine is so loud I don't think he'd be able to hear me even if I answered so I do answer, "Because you're so warm, we're meant to balance each other out.".

"What?"

Heyyo! How are you? How is the story going? I GOT 2K READS AND 200 VOTES! THATS FRICKEN AMAZING! I'm so proud and thanks you guys I love you. Have an awesome day and stay tuned~~~