6. Keith

Turns out I had English with the nervous boy too. We sat together and we are now partners in this English project. He'll have to come over to my house or I'd have to go to his to work on the project. How lovely.

Maybe it is a good thing. Now I can learn why he was so nervous and maybe make a friend other than Pidge and Hunk. When I was picked up by Steven from school I immediately pulled out my sketchbook and earbuds. Playing Halsey's "Colors" I decide to draw the boy from Chemistry and English.

I draw him standing in the water with his weird jacket he had on in English today (The English class is always cold, even in late September). In the car it's only black and white, when I get home I'll color it.

I repress the thought that drawing this boy is creepy from my mind. It's not creepy. It's not creepy. Oh my god it's totally creepy. I feel a blush form on my cheeks and I shut the sketchbook. Acxa turns towards me.

"What's wrong?" She asks, her dark eyes mixed with confusion and something else from the day...anger? I turn to her, "Nothing. What's wrong with you?" She huffs. "Ezor and Lotor are spreading more rumors about you." I cross my arms, "So? They're just rumors." She crosses her arms too, "You know they aren't rumors..."

I look out the window. I'm angry, her friends all hate me but for some reason she's still friends with them. I watch as houses and trees pass by. The houses are broken down and there are kids sitting on patios with their parents. Everyone here is a minority. We've never taken this route before. I watch as kids I recognize from school walk home. I see Rolo with some other kids from the soccer team fist-bumping and doing other bro-stuff. We slow down to a stop.

In front of our car, walking across the street, is the nervous boy from school. He walks across the street with a little boy in his arms. He turns to us and the toddler in his arms looks at the car too. I want to wave to him but he wouldn't see me. The boy wouldn't recognize me through the dark tinted glass, he probably wouldn't recognize me at all.

I watch as he smiles warmly at the little boy in his arms and crosses the street. He looks great smiling, why doesn't he do it as often? Before I can keep staring at him the car speeds by.

                               *****

I quickly search my room. I haven't used my phone in forever, so I don't know where it is. I look on my desk, in my dresser drawers and even under my bed but I don't find it. I grumble and stomp around my room. It would be nice to get some good luck right now.

There's a sharp knock against my door. "It's open!" I yell, still searching the room. The door opens and I see it's my stepmom. I roll my eyes, "What do you want?" She crosses her arms, "Well now that I'm thinking about it maybe you don't deserve this." I walk over to her and get in her face. Even though I'm fairly short I'm taller than her and I love it.

"I'm looking for my phone right now please do not disturb me." She rolls her dark eyes, "Keith drop the attitude. I've got a phone for you right here, so no need to stomp around your room anymore. Take it and maybe smile a little." She says in her high-pitch squeaky voice. I take the phone out of her hands. I don't even mumble a thanks as I push her out of my room. I close the door on her stuttering self. She's angry. I don't care.

I flop down on my bed with my new phone. Before I even set up the background or get apps I text the boy from school, Lance as I learned his name was in English. We're partners and we have to write a short story together, so Lance wrote his number on my arm. We were both blushing messes.

I type in his number and his name in my contacts. How sad. He's my only contact right now. I try to think of what to say.

Hey there handsome~ it's the baaad boy from English just checkin' in to see what we'll do for the project. Hit me up anytime baby

Definitely not. Where did that come from?

Hi. This is Keith. From English. And Chem. And lunch.

That's too awkward.

Hey, this is Keith. We're partners in English. Let's talk about what we'll do for this project.

Perfect.

I hit send and immediately regret it. Was I too formal? Was I too casual? What if he thinks I like him? Does he know I'm gay? He's only been at our school a day but still....A lot can happen in a day. I remember one of the worst days of my life clearly.

"Uh hey...Hi Rolo!" I stutter out. My ninth grade self was even more awkward than me now. Rolo looks away from his friends and looks at me. "What?" I blush so hard I think my skin will be permanently red. "I was wondering if you'd ever like to hangout some time? Like at a restaurant or a movie!" I quickly spit out. Rolo looks at me for the longest moment and I can feel his friends all staring at me. Then it happens. One of his friends start to laugh.

"He wants to go on a date Ro!" One says and laughs. "Aww what a cute couple!" Another taunts. "Wow! Rolo, I didn't know you were into cock!" Everyone forms a circle around us and starts laughing and all I see is Rolo's face turn red from anger. "Keith's dick is so small you probably couldn't even see it when you tried to suck him off Ro!" Rolo looks so mad I think he's going to punch them. Instead he looks at me and grins. "What a fucking fag." He raises his fist and before I can move away it connects with my face.

I think I'm going to start leaving these notes and the end of each chapter. I like putting my input in at the end and giving out some tips. So anyway I'm hoping everyone enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you for reading and have a good day~~~