9. Lance

I sit with my laptop on my legs and I start munching on my muffin. Keith looks over at me, "So we are writing a short story about rain. What's so special about this rain?" He asks me. I'm stuck, I don't know what to write about. "The rain could be poison? The people could live on a planet with acid rain." Keith nods, "What is so special about this acid rain?" I tap my fingers against my thigh as I try to come up with an idea.

"An alien race that looks like humans but aren't live on this planet. The acid rain is harmless to them but it hurts everything else so it's made as a planetary defense mechanism!" I surprise myself with my big words...Keith nods in agreement, "Okay I like where this is going. How about the planet had a King and Queen?" I like that idea. "How about this is a story about a princess! Who's planet is attacked by a different alien race! She has to fight with her people against these aliens invading her home!"

Keith likes this and he starts thinking of more ideas. He starts listing them off so I start writing them.

Story Details
-Main character=badass princess
-Alien race invaded planet
-Princess' home is destroyed
-Princess+her assistant are the only survivors
-Princess has to run from the planet now overtaken by evil
-Princess is saved by a robotic lion that helps her fight the evil aliens
-Princess kills evil aliens
-Princess falls in love with son of evil alien king
-Princess finds a community of survivors from her home planet
-Princess more like QUEEN

I like my notes. We start writing.

We've named the princess and the son of the evil alien after the king and queen of our own school. The princess would be named Allura and the evil alien prince would be Lotor.

We make up two alien races: Alteans are the good guys who's planet is being invaded by the Galra, an evil race trying to take over the entire galaxy.

After our story plot growing more and more we realize that it's not much about rain anymore.

I come up with an idea, "How about the last part is Princess Allura standing in the acid rain of her homeland watching her people bow before her? Would t that be badass?" Keith laughs, "That would be!" So we write that down as a story detail. After about an hour of talking Keith gets a text.

"Shit." He mumbles under his breath. "What's wrong?" I ask looking at him. He's much cuter with his hair in a ponytail. Of course he's always cute but. AGH! These thoughts are weird.

"Steven is on his way to pick me up." I raise an eyebrow at that, "Is Steven your brother-" I cut myself off because of the beautiful car I see pull up to us. A black Ferrari with a dark skinned driver inside stops right next to us. I whistle. "Keith is that for you?" He nods and grimaces. He walks over to the car and I can hear him say, "Seriously Steven? The Ferrari" the driver, Steven, laughs. "Don't you want to impress the boyfriend?" I choke on nothing.

Boyfriend. Boyfriend.

I'm not gay? Why do people always assume that. I feel blush all over my face and neck and I see Keith has gone red too.

"He's not my boyfriend." Keith opens the car door reluctantly before turning to me and smiling, "Bye Lance."

I nod and wave, "Bye.". Once Keith sits down the black Ferrari speeds away and I am left, a blushing mess, with a half eaten muffin and a laptop in my hands. I groan. "Why does it have to be so hard to have friends. Why did he have to pay for me?" I want to scream. I shouldn't have eaten. I throw the rest of my muffin away and get onto my bike.

I pedal my anger out.

I'm an idiot. Why did I eat? Now I know what I'll have to do when I get home.

******

I hear my Mama shout over the sound of me puking into the toilet, "Oi! Lance are you okay?" I pull my fingers out of my throat and shout back, "Just not feeling so well Mama!" I wipe my mouth with my arm and gurgle water from the sink. I'll still taste the bile in my mouth all night.

I skipped dinner, the muffin was enough for me. I walk into my room where Luis is already laying down in our bed. I move him over gently so I can sleep next to the wall and I bring the covers over my chest. I stare at the ceiling and I feel the tears spring to my eyes again.

Oh no...poor Lance. He ate a muffin. What to do?

"Shut up" I whisper under my breath.

Don't forget you had a coffee! What are you gonna throw that up too?

"Please shut up!" I say louder than a whisper but not yet a yell.

Maybe you should go throw up some more! You'll look better that way. Or maybe you should just kill yourself you'd probably look better as a corpse!

"SHUT UP!" I yell. I jump out of bed and run out of my room. My heart pounds in my chest and I can feel my palms growing sweaty. I feel my feet pound against the wood floor. I run out of the front door and into the front yard. I don't mind Danny yelling from the front door. I hop onto my bike and pedal. I pedal as hard as I can. I don't care where I'm going, just somewhere that might distract me.

I don't know where I'm going. I know this is hopeless anyway. The voice won't leave. I can't hide from it. These thoughts will always follow m around, nag at time when I think I'm happy. The voice is something I can only run from in death.

This is going to sound stupid but I'm on a roll! I've never uploaded this much in a day! Well I hope these don't suck and I hope you enjoy. Thank you and have an awesome day~~~~