64. Keith

The dinner table was eerily and uncomfortably silent. Every accidental scratch of a plate or swallow that was too loud caused the most awkward atmosphere. My father and Aiko sat at opposite ends of the glass table, they looked like a king and queen high above their peasants. I sat next to Acxa and Shiro sat across from me. I kept trying to meet my sister's eye but she was too busy looking down at her plate to realize my staring.

Shiro's aloofness was not helping the situation at all. Every, "pass me a roll please" or "can I have the butter?" was just the worst torture there ever was. I don't know why I'm spending a night in with family while today all of my friends are getting together and going out. I hope they'd say yes if I asked to tag along. I heard Pidge's and Hunk were joining with some friends of theirs to sneak into the community pool. Sounds like something I would never do on my own, but if Lance was here I know exactly what he'd say. "Live a little mullet! Who cares if you get caught this is your one chance at doing something fun for a change." Though reckless and stupid it wouldn't be Lance without a YOLO at the end and some dumb gang symbol.

The thought made me giggle quietly which brought all eyes on me. I looked from my father, to Shiro, to Aiko, and then to Acxa. I cleared my throat, "Sorry- Just uh thought of a joke." Acxa scoffs but I can see the playful gleam in her eyes, "You? Jokes? Has someone stolen my brother and taken over his body? Demon get out of my brother!" Shiro and Aiko laugh at Acxa's not funny extra ass."It's more likely a clone has been created." Shiro chimes in and I snap at him, "Oh shut up Shiro you probably have an evil clone in Dad's room." My siblings look at me with disappointment. "That was a really bad comeback Keith....Even I'm disappointed." Aiko says with fake sadness. I roll my eyes and go back to eating my steak.

"Ahem." Everyone's attention is back to its usual place holder. "The trip went well thank you kids for asking." I roll my eyes at my dad's boring and snooty voice. "How are you feeling Keith?" For a second I'm surprised he's asking me how I'm doing. I look up with a small smile to tell him my burns are feeling much better when I see he's disinterestedly reading a newspaper. "I-I'm fine. Thanks." In a bored tone my dad answered, "That's great. Now can you tell me why you thought jumping into a fire was a good idea?" I'm shocked to see him actually put down the newspaper and look me in the eyes. Our similar violet gray eyes stare at each other as I try to gauge what he's getting at.

"I had to save my friend." He scoffs and his stare turns into a hard icy glare, "Are you really so dumb that instead of pulling your 'friend' out you just sat there and let not just yourself but your friend burn?" I gulp and look down guiltily. That had been on my mind and now the only question everyone had been asking. "I don't know Dad. I just know that this 'friend' is someone I'd jump into fire for any day willingly. Now can you stop pretending like you care and go back to reading the newspaper." Dad slams his fist on the table, "Go up to your room right now young man! I don't want you in my sight until tomorrow's dinner! Go!" I send one last glare to him as I scurry from the table. I hate how he can make me run away with my tail tucked between my legs. It's humiliating.

I run up the stairs, stomp my way through the hall, and then slam my bedroom door as hard as I can. I don't even take the time to be angry and throw a pillow or anything I just pull out my phone to text Pidge and Hunk.

"The invitation still open to me?"

I pace the gray room and when I hear the ding from my phone I grin when I see Hunk's reply.

"There's always an open invitation for you."

I rush to my dresser and pull out my basic red swimming trunks. I change as quietly as possible so that I won't be heard by my parents. I put a simple black t-shirt on, in this hot July weather I won't be needing any clothes besides this. I slip on sneakers and put my phone and wallet in my pocket. Throwing caution to the wind like Lance would want me to, I open the window carelessly and slide myself out into the warm night air. The sun is still setting and cicadas are loud already.

I use a hair band from my wrist to put my hair into a sloppy ponytail as I sit on my window ledge. When I'm done I grin and steadily lower myself off the roof and into the bushes below. The adrenaline of sneaking out courses through the veins and I feel like I could do anything. Hell I could run across the states to kiss Lance and then take him back home! I laugh at that idea but run through the long front yard anyway. I don't need my motorcycle I can just run all night. With the biggest smile on my face I jump the front gate.

Aiko's P.O.V

After I was sure Mark had gone to his office I crept into the kitchen and got the cheesecake out of the fridge. I cut a nice sized slice unfortunately it was just plain so I don't know if he'd like it. I got a fork and stuck it in the top of the cheesecake and with a little smile I quietly went up the stairs.

I walked silently through the hall. I tapped on Keith's door gently and patiently waited for a minute or two. "Keith? Sweety? Are you mad? Well I have cheesecake for you! I don't think we have your favorite, it's just plain. I'm sorry. Here I'll leave it by your door okay?" I place the plate on the floor outside his door and sigh. I'm happier now, I've improved my relationship with all of my children. I want to keep it this way.

Veronica's P.O.V

"Why don't we ever have sleepovers at your house V?" Ezor's bright eyes are a perfect match to my dull dark blue. "I don't like my house that much. Yours is so much better. It's not as loud or cramped." I say while tracing every patch of light on her skin. Ezor used to be ashamed of her Vitiligo and tried her best to cover it with makeup. But I find it the cutest that there's circles around her eyes, lips, and nose. It's like highlighting all the beautiful parts of her. And I think it's gorgeous.

Her hand rests comfortably on the dip of my waist. We have to lay like this on her twin bed, on our sides staring at each other with our legs and ants entwined, or else we wouldn't fit. "You should let me be at your house more often. It's a part of you V, your family, your childhood, and I love you. So I want to see that part of you." I smile weakly at her soft voice. God can she be frustrating, stubborn, ignorant, and overall insufferable- but she deals with me who is too sensitive yet boarded up and caring but seclusive. If someone as amazing as her could love someone like me I think there's hope for everyone.

I have no excuses at all honestly, I just hope you'll all forgive me. Season eight was one hell of a ride huh? I thought the Allurance moments were cute but Lance saying I love you on the first date? Allura didn't love Lance the way he loved her and that's the tea. She was never truly over Lotor. I think klance really was going to happen up until season six or five, that's where the story kinda sorry died. Rip Voltron's actual story line. I'm not entirely disappointed with season eight I'm just to the point where ranting or just talking about it like this makes me exhausted. I'm ready to just write my own season eight honestly 😔. Anyway I'm still so sorry about this huge gap and lack of activity.

I hope everyone had a great Holliday and New Year! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the break and rested well :) Have a good day/night and byeeeeeee thank you for your patience and support~~