Chapter 40

"She was his sole soul. His beloved, his muse."

Aahana half walked half limped into her closet, humming to herself as she changed from her bathing robe into her red checkered shirt dress and jean shorts

Aahana half walked half limped into her closet, humming to herself as she changed from her bathing robe into her red checkered shirt dress and jean shorts. She let her slightly damp hair hung loosely down her waist to air dry it before approaching a sleeping Atharva.

Since he had been working from home, he was more tired than usual. Not only had he a multi-billionaire company to run but also had to look after her in the meantime.

But she didn't want to burden him anymore and for that, she had been doing everything she could for a speedy recovery. After having her hand healed, things were easier but she still needed some more time before she could jump again.

"Hey, you awake?" She shook his shoulder lightly, her other hand brushing through his hair gently.

He groaned in answer and turned away, burying his face in the pillow like a little kid.

Aahana smiled slightly and left the room. She decided to take Atharva's place today and surprise him. Her hands worked efficiently and she had cooked quite a hefty breakfast. She put them neatly on a tray and went into his room.

Placing the tray on the bed stand, she stared at the empty bed.

So sir finally decided to wake up, she thought and made the bed.

The shower turned off and the door opened but she didn't turn around, afraid. Her heart thudded in her chest when she felt him coming in her direction. She held her breath and waited when droplets of water appeared on her face. She jumped back, squealing, and heard Atharva chortle.

"Payback!" He winked at her and shook his head again, making her back away with her hands in the air, as if she could block him.

He laughed louder and stepped closer, making Aahana gulp. "Food!" she yelled, pointing to the tray. Atharva turned his head and she took the chance to get away from him and run to the tray of food.

Atharva cracked a smile. "It looks delicious but first, let me change."

Only then did Aahana notice that he was only in a towel draped around his waist. She blushed and looked down at the tray, setting it on the bed between her and Atharva who made himself comfortable in sweatpants and a T-shirt.

"You didn't have to." Atharva looked at her with concern as he sipped his black coffee.

"I wanted to. And, I promise I feel so much better."

Atharva nodded but he didn't look convinced.

The intercom chimed and Aahana arched her brow at him in question. He shrugged, his mind going haywire. He didn't want to have a round two of yesterday. She pushed the receiver button, letting the guard speak.

"Yes?"

"Aahana ma'am, you have visitors."

"Who?"