Chapter 6

"You make me cry so much...yet I can't get mad at you."

"No," she whispered to herself, her heart pounding wildly in her chest and her mind reeling at the obnoxious thought

"No," she whispered to herself, her heart pounding wildly in her chest and her mind reeling at the obnoxious thought. She couldn't fathom the idea of him being gay. It wasn't because she was against them but it would be really, really awkward to have a gay spouse. Surely mixed-orientation marriages existed but they never lasted longer since it was hard to summon affection and love other than physical intimacy.

She stifled a groan and massaged her head with the tip of her fingers, letting her mind drift to the first time she'd found about Atharva. Although she knew him from the media and news as the world of business began and ended on him, she had never browsed about him. He held no significance in her life.

If only she knew the agenda of fate.

It felt like yesterday when she was relaxing in her room after work, watching a Netflix show. She was called downstairs to the drawing-room. Her family was there and she was shown a picture. His picture. He looked gorgeous even when he wasn't smiling. There was something so compelling about him, one could stare at him for hours and still not get enough of him. She couldn't forget his face. It was imprinted in her heart and mind. Without hesitation, she had agreed to the arranged marriage.

The day she married him, her pinky finger entwined with his as they walked seven times around the sacred agni and made solemn vows to love, cherish and honour each other till death did them apart. The wedding reception after their marriage ceremony where he was dressed in a tux, looking no less than the front page model of a fashion magazine, the CEO he is, so edible.

But in all this, it dawned upon her as to how he never glanced at her. How stiff he was around her. How he never interacted with her. And he wasn't shy, of course.

Now she didn't like Pranav anymore. She wanted females around him, only females. The thought was kind of stupid but she had to confirm it. Then there was this idea on her mind which made her grin devilishly.

A knock on the door pulled her back to the present.

"Sir wants you to look into these papers and submit a report by lunch hour." Pranav walked in with a few files and placed them on her desk in a neat pile. Upon her silent nod, he stepped back and walked out. Instead of going through the files right away, she let her eyes dance around her cabin. It was spacious and similar to that of Atharva's, the same colour of walls to the same pieces of furniture, yet she felt upset.

Letting out an audible sigh, she dragged the files closer to her and opened the first one. It was about the new mall in Bangalore, the equipment and construction costs.