Chapter 20

"I don't know when I fell in love with you but when I did, I saw you in a different light."

Hearing a 'click', Aahana turned around and her mouth parted in shock, a look of disbelief enveloping her face when she came face to face with no one but the closed door

She tried the lock but it wouldn't buzz.

God, he freaking played me.

She wanted to knock and get him to wake up but knowing stubborn Atharva, he wouldn't open the door even if she was dying.

Huffing angrily, she stomped her foot like a child and rushed to her room, slamming the door shut.

That's it! I am going to bother him so much he will get sick of me but for now, let that ass sleep.

She took deep breaths and decided to shower, knowing she couldn't sleep now. She lathered the vanilla shampoo to the crown of her head and rubbed it gently down her long hair. She then washed her body with lavender soap. It took her nearly 45 minutes before she came out all fresh and clean.

Dressed in a nice blue Kurti and white leggings, she left her straight raven hair open which flowed down to her waist. She lined her eyes with black pencil and painted her lips a bright red, keeping her makeup as minimal as possible.

She took one last look at her reflection in the floor-length mirror and nodded in approval before heading to the kitchen. She did look beautiful.

She made cheese sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, and black coffee for a change. Glancing at the watch, she realized she still had 2 more hours, so she grabbed the ingredients required to bake cookies and muffins and proceeded to prepare the chocolate batter while humming to herself.

Once she was finished, she clapped her hand in satisfaction, eyeing the mouth-watering goodies. Her mood had lifted and she felt happy as she packed them for Jay and her family.

The door to Atharva's room opened and he came out for work, dressed in a crisp white shirt and midnight blue pants, looking smoking hot. Damn, why did he have to be so hot even when dressed so casually?

"Breakfast?" She asked, forcing her eyes back to his face.

"No." He said in a clipped tone, his eyes focused on the wall behind her.

"Come on." She urged with a stern look and placed a plate on the table, motioning for him to sit.

Scowling, he took a seat and his eyebrows shot up at the amount of food in front of him.