Chapter 4

"I hated waiting for someone and here I am waiting for you to come home."

It had been five days since she last saw Atharva

It had been five days since she last saw Atharva. Her heart ached thinking where he'd been spending his nights and with whom. She didn't want to suspect him but somehow it felt plausible as to why he wanted them to stay away from each other. He loved another woman. If that was the case, Aahana needed answers, and she was determined to get it from him. She could not live under the same roof with silence between them. She refused to do so. 

And she knew if she waited any longer, it would be impossible to reach him.

It was 2:00 AM, which meant Atharva should be home anytime. At least she hoped he would show up. Like the last few days, she had nothing to do, so after cleaning the house and cooking, she sat in the drawing-room and watched various movies while waiting for Atharva until she was bored and fell asleep. After all, for how long could she repeat the same routine? She longed to go back to work and help her father in business. She was well educated, having earned her bachelor's in Economics and master's in Business Finance.

Letting out a sigh, she tried to focus on the screen and soon enough, she heard the jingling of keys before the door opened and Atharva entered.

He hadn't seen her yet, or maybe he was ignoring her again. She watched him take off his shoes and socks, then place them on the shelf. Without glancing around, he started walking in the direction of his room. 

Aahana's eyes narrowed at his retreating figure, and she chuckled. "Not today, Atharva."

Cursing under his breath, he stopped. "I already told—" 

"Look at me when we speak." Aahana stood up from the couch and folded her arms across her chest. "I don't give a crap about what you say or think. The truth won't change. We got married, didn't we?"

Atharva glared at the wall in front of him, battling with his inner self which wanted to escape. Slowly, he turned around to face her but maintained his focus on her chin.

"What do you want?" he asked, running his fingers through his hair.

"Why are you running away from me?" Aahana was not going to leave until he explained himself. She had given him too much space already, no more. 

"I am not," he stated in a cold tone. "I agreed to the wedding only because my father blackmailed me."

She froze. "What?"

"Yes, otherwise he would have given the company to Nisha." 

Aahana didn't know what to say. She wasn't prepared for this revelation. If her dad came to know, he would make the Saxena family pay for their lies. "Did you not see my picture? I-I thought you agreed because you like me." She didn't sound confident anymore.