Chapter 17

"I wish I had the power to protect myself from the demons, but I can't without killing myself because they reside in me."

Aahana heard the main door close, and the sound woke her from her sleep

Aahana heard the main door close, and the sound woke her from her sleep. Rubbing her eyes with the pad of her fingers, she glanced around and frowned when she realized she was outside Atharva's room. The door was slightly ajar, and she knew he was already on the way to Saxena Enterprises.

Her heart clenched when she remembered the reason for which she was here yesterday and she felt more hurt knowing Atharva had seen her sitting on the tiled floor but did nothing.

She stood up only to wince at the pain in her back. Stretching her arms and rolling her neck to ease the tension in her body, she hobbled into her room.

She took a much needed warm shower and changed into a pair of faded ripped jeans, baby pink shirt and her white sneakers before grabbing her keys and bag and heading out.

She wasn't going to the office but to meet her family lawyer. She called him on the way but unfortunately, he was out of town for an emergency case. She told him to call her as soon as he returned and hung up.

Now, she did have to go to the office. Groaning, she stopped in front of a cafe and grabbed a cup of coffee and cheese sandwich, then made her way to the office and directly headed to her desk, not in a mood to chit-chat with anyone.

She completed checking the rest of the files and made a report of it before sliding it to Atharva's desk.

He took it without a glance her way and called Pranav to get several copies of the report. He nodded and scurried off.

Scowling in Atharva's direction for his open ignorance towards her, she texted Jay.

9:10 AM
That's it! I am filing a divorce...

9:11 AM
What? Are you sure? Did you tell Atharva?

9:11 AM
Yep, I am sure. And no, I didn't tell him.

9:12 AM
Goodness, Aahana. What are you doing? Tell him first! 😠

She bit her lower lip and stole a glance at Atharva. Should she really tell him first? Couldn't he know while signing the papers?

She shook her head and played with her fingers nervously. "Atharva, I-I can't live this way anymore. I need a divorce. It will be done as soon as possible."

He didn't utter a word, just picked his keys and went away. She gaped at his retreating figure until he disappeared out of her sight.

God, what's wrong with him?

9:15 AM
I told him but he left. 😅

9:15 AM
Damn! I think he is hurt.