Chapter 34

"Your existence makes me want to live for us."

Atharva had no qualms about baring his soul in front of Aahana

Atharva had no qualms about baring his soul in front of Aahana. His state of mind had been vulnerable when he told her everything, but he knew it was the right thing to do. Now, faith and love were all that remained between them, binding them together for the rest of their lives. The vows they'd once taken carelessly had become a precious reality, and their marriage was a living dream.

After sitting in sheer silence, simply holding onto each other, they'd gone to bed, but sleep had vanished. They stayed awake till 6:00 AM, chatting about Atharva's mother. She had died due to brain haemorrhage. Atharva could not recall every detail about her, but when he spoke, his voice was laced with sweetness.

When the alarm went off, Aahana glanced at the time, but made no attempt to leave the comfort of the bed. She took that as her cue to fall asleep, but Atharva decided to drive to office.

He was on his way when he received a call from the site manager. The Bangalore Mall was finally ready. It seemed like a decade had passed since the basic planning started. He was overjoyed and wanted to share the good news with Aahana, but he didn't want to do it over the phone.

He strode into his cabin and waited patiently for his wife. His fingers tapped on the wooden table, his attention swinging between the clock and the door, but she was nowhere to be found.

Grunting in frustration, he grabbed his phone, debating whether or not to call her.

There was a knock on the door, and Atharva's heart fluttered at the thought of Aahana. His lips curled up into a smile but quickly faded when Maria stepped in.

"Good morning, Atharva. Here is the guest list." She handed it to Atharva, who nodded in return.

He did a thorough scan, his eyes zeroing on Urvashi's name. For a split second, he was tempted to remove her from the list, but he restrained himself. He would not give her the satisfaction of seeing his discomfort. After all, she was just a tiny part of his life, holding no more importance than a mote of dust.

"Add Jay and Dinesh and their families to the list," he said, handing it back to her. "That will be all. Thank you, Maria."

"No problem, dear." She left with a warm smile.

Aahana hurried inside a few minutes later. She looked like she hadn't slept all night. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she wore no makeup. She did not look like a CFO in her blue ripped jeans, white crop tops, and flats.

A beautiful mess.

Her eyes landed on Atharva and narrowed to slits. "What are you doing here?"