Chapter 26

"I never knew I could feel what I am feeling right now."

Four long months had flown already since Atharva had signed the contract for Bangalore mall and from its regular update, he knew the construction was going absolutely as planned and would be over by the end of May but that didn't stop him from boo...

Four long months had flown already since Atharva had signed the contract for Bangalore mall and from its regular update, he knew the construction was going absolutely as planned and would be over by the end of May but that didn't stop him from booking his flight ticket to Banglore for a week.

Yes a week along with his PA, much to Aahana's dismay. She couldn't feel anymore angry at him than she already was. When she asked him why couldn't she go, he dismissed her with a wave of his hand as if her question was the silliest he'd ever heard.

Currently, they were sitting in their cabin and Aahana was shooting daggers at him. "I want to go with you." She whined for the hundredth time today.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance and shook his head.

"Please?" She batted her eyelashes, giving the puppy eyes to him. It had worked the first time and she knew this time was no less.

But he didn't look at her purposely, fully aware of the persuasive force in the depth of those brown orbs of hers.

Pouting, she stood up from her chair and made her way in his direction. "I have never been to Bangalore. I heard it's beautiful, and I wish I could go with you." She feigned a sad look and sat in front of him on his desk.

He stiffened and backed away from the desk but she pulled the chair towards her and kept him in place.

"Now tell me I am going."

"You are not going," he sputtered out, looking anywhere but at her.

Aahana scowled. "Oh, now you won't look at your wife." She lifted his chin with her index finger and made him look straight into her eyes.

His sharp intake of breath was enough for both of them to know he was highly uncomfortable. Aahana immediately distanced herself from him.

He heaved a sigh of relief, his posture relaxing.

Aahana let out a breath and slumped on a chair opposite his. "Now tell me again why I am not going."

This time he looked at her. "One head has to be present in the absence of another."

"Bu-"

"Look Aahana, I know you want to go, but I can't leave the office with no supervision, so you have to stay. And about going Banglore, the mall will be ready in a few months and I'll take you for the inauguration. At that time you can visit any place you want. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded quietly and bit her lower lip. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Now back to work please."

Aahana leaped out of the chair and walked to her desk but not before saying, "I'll miss you." Her voice a soft murmur.

His breath hitched and throat felt dry. "I'll be back before you know it."