Chapter 36

"One day, you will shine so brightly that even the darkness will shy away from you."

Hearing 'can't keep my hands to myself', Aahana groaned in frustration, letting out a thread of curses

Hearing 'can't keep my hands to myself', Aahana groaned in frustration, letting out a thread of curses. She covered her face with the comforter to block the sound but the bloody phone wouldn't stop blaring.

"Aahana," Atharva grumbled. "Your phone."

Aahana shook her head and leaned against his chest. "You answer,"

"Aahana," He tapped her cheek. "Please."

Wanting to kill both Atharva and the person on the other end, Aahana let go of the warmth, unwillingly, and stood up in what looked like sheer rage. Instead of glancing at the called ID, she picked up the call and heard Jay's annoying voice. "What's up, Sweetpea. When are we going shopping today?"

She blinked. Once. Twice.

Aahana couldn't hold on anymore. "JAY?" She yelled incredulously. "You are so dead Jay." with that she hung up and switched off her phone.

It was Sunday, so sleeping was a must but the drowsiness had washed away. She scowled at the thought of Jay who was insane to infinity and sluggishly walked into her room to clear her head which was hell-bent on planning ways to murder him.

It was still 6 in the morning when she came out of the bathroom, freshly showered and ready.

She thought of making breakfast but again, it was too early. She went back to Atharva and he was peacefully asleep. She jumped on the bed next to him and sighed wistfully.

Lucky him.

Her fingers threaded into his hair, her fingertips running along his scalp gently.

"You have soft hair. Really, really soft." She mumbled to herself.

"You can use my shampoo." Aahana let out a squeal in surprise when he cracked his eyes open.

"Mine is better tho, thanks." She rolled her eyes and shook her head deliberately, making droplets of water from her slightly wet hair fall on his face.

"What the- go away." Atharva aimed a pillow at her face, his voice thick and hoarse with sleep.

Aahana let out a cry and ducked in time to see the pillow land on the floor. "You are trying to kill me."

"A pillow doesn't hurt." He pulled her to his chest, his strong arms sliding around her tiny waist. "Who was that?"

"Jay."

Just one word and Atharva groaned, already knowing what he wanted. "I don't know anyone called Jay nor is my wife friends with any Jay."

Aahana laughed. "Hmm, I have switched off my phone."

"My wife is the best." Atharva attempted a salute and gave a lazy smile, his eyelids drooping from time to time.

Aahana's heart fluttered.