Chapter 2

Spencer: 

"You have ruptured a cyst, probably in one of you ovaries." Dr. Moyes informs me. 

"Umm.. okay, so, will I be able to go to work today?" I asked making both Henry and Dr. Moyes stare at her in disbelief. 

Dr. Moyes nods his head in disapproval and proceeded to give me a painkiller, "This will help with the pain." I simply nodded and took the pill.  

"I am going to call a gynaecologist as well as a general surgeon, brief them on the situation and you need to head the hospital right now." Dr. Moyes said, taking his phone out. 

After 5 minutes, he gave Henry the details of the doctors and the hospital. 

Both of us thanked Dr. Moyes, and Henry went see him out as I mentally prepares myself to leave as the pain seemed to have subsided. 

I pushed myself up, but struggled to stay on my feet. Gosh, this whole business is tiring I thought as Henry reappeared. 

"Trying to kill yourself?" he asked, hiding his irritation behind a straight face, an eyebrow raised.

I hear myself let out a short self pitying, humourless laugh. "I really should leave, you've been so kind to me and I can not thank you enough for everything you did for me" I gave him the sincerest smile I could manage, noticing for the first time how breathtakingly beautiful he was.   

"I'll head home, call a cab and go see the doctor. Thank you so much for everything, I would've died out on the street if I hadn't bumped into you." I really would've. 

"It's quite all right, umm.." he looks around "you can stay here, you know.. I'll drive you to the hospital" he said, unsure of himself. 

"Ohh" Oh. "You're too kind, but I'm sure you have better things to do. Plus, you've already done so much for me, asking for more would simply be taking advantage." I said unable to make eye contact, because if I did I wouldn't leave. 

"I'm offering, that's hardly taking advantage. Although, I feel like I'm using your illness as an excuse to not let you go." he said realising the filter between his brain and his mouth has been compromised. 

I couldn't help but look up at him, making him immediately look away. 

"I mean, I'll be worried.. you know, if I just leave you alone in that condition. You'll do me a favour, help keeping my conscious clean." he added not daring to look at her face. 

"Right. Well, thank you so much." I hear myself say, as I sit back down on the couch. Let's be honest there is no leaving after the 'not letting you go' bit. 

Henry sat down in front of me on the centre table. "He gave you a painkiller, didn't he?" he asked, looking at her stomach and then at her face, I just nodded in response. 

"Did you eat anything in the morning?" He asks. I hesitate before answering, not sure whether to tell him the truth or not. "You obviously didn't, I'll make you some breakfast." he concluded. He got  up, before I could interject and tell him that I was fine, he already disappeared into the kitchen. 

I sighed and let her head fall back onto the couch, I stared at the wooden ceiling of his living, similar to hers in every aspect frowning at the similarity in the architecture of these houses, my mind wandered back to Henry and how kind and generous he was, very unlike what the ideal image of a movie star as successful and as gorgeous as he was, I lost myself in the thoughts of him and closed my eyes. 

"Hey" I blinked my eyes open as I felt someone lightly brush the hair off my face, it took me a moment to realise whose hand it was. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep, it's the painkiller." I apologised, violently rubbing my eyes, feeling slightly embarrassed.