Chapter 13

Spencer thought that her mind was playing a trick on her. She stared at him in disbelief, almost as if she was waiting for him to disappear or for herself to snap out of whatever this was. But with each passing moment, reality hit her harder and she had to inevitably accept the fact that he was there and she wasn't dreaming it.

"Nicole", he said after what felt like ages. "I came to talk to you, but I see that you're going somewhere." he continued; his expression unreadable.

"Yes, yes I am and I'm late.", she tried to avoid making eye contact with him and stared at her watch : 19.46.

"I would really like to talk to you, Coli." Cristiano pleaded. "You have to give me a chance to explain everything to you, I know what I did was inexcusable and wrong and I haven't or never will be able to forgive myself for it, but, por favor, listen to me once, you owe me at least that much."

"I don't owe you anything and", she was interrupted by another car honking behind them, she turned around to see a black Range Rover which she recognised as Henry's.

"I've got to go.", she said opening the car door. "And you and I have nothing to talk about outside the gates of the Valdebebas."

"North Athletic Field." Cristiano corrected her firmly, lips pressed in a hard line.

"What?" Spencer looked at him irritably.

"You said Valdebebas, we're not in Madrid, amor. But it's good to know that it still occupies a part of your mind."

Spencer cursed Freud under her breath. "A rather large part actually, it was my home for a long time and I still am and always will be a Madridista." she said stepping out of the car.

"And I am not your amor!" she said sternly before banging the car door shut.

Spencer walked up to the Range Rover, the driver was leaning against the car waiting for her. He opened the car door and helped her in. After closing her door he settled down in the driver's seat a moment later.

"I hope you're comfortable back there, Miss. My name is Jeff and I'll be driving you this evening." Jeff smiled at her through the rear view mirror.

"Thank you, Jeff. I hope you're doing well."

"Very well, Miss. Thank you. Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes please." she nodded.

Spencer looked straight ahead as they drove past Cristiano's Ferrari. She couldn't believe that he had the guts to come to her house and pull that stunt on her, but she should've known better than to step into the car without looking at the driver.

"Where are we going, Jeff?" she asked after being on the road for about 20 minutes.

"Fox Studios, Miss."

"Ohh." What possible thing could've Henry planned for them at the studio, she wondered feeling slightly anxious. Her mind wandered back to Cristiano; what could he possibly have to to say for himself, how does he even have the courage to show her his face, she felt her stomach turn at the thought of training but she quickly shook the thought out of her head, Henry should be the one occupying my thoughts not Cristiano, she reminded herself. It took them another 20 minutes to reach the studio.

Jeff drove into the compound, past various studios, she could tell that he knew his way well, after 5 minutes they reached studio 7. Jeff parked outside what looked like the back entrance of the studio where she spotted a man waiting to receive them.

The young man opened the door for her and helped her get out of the car. "Good evening, Miss Caraway. My name is Mike, please allow me the honour of escorting you inside." he gave her a smile.