Chapter 12

Spencer unlocks the front door, steps inside the house, shuts the door and leans against it, taking in everything that had happened since the morning, she thinks about how Henry came back just to kiss her and how she was unable to stop kissing him in the car. She blushes at the memory and gently touches her lips with her fingertips and notices the time; 18:45!

"Shit! Seriously?!" She picks up her bag and folders from the floor and runs upstairs to her room.

She turns the water on and while she waits for the bath to fill, she strolls around her walk in to see if she has anything appropriate to wear. Although she has a closet full of gowns, she doesn't find one to wear for that evening; everything seemed either too dull or too businesslike or has been worn before more than once or was too glittery or was just not good enough.

She grabs a bottle of red wine and a glass from the mini bar in her room and walks back to the bathroom. She places the bottle and the glass on the platform next to her tub, removes her clothes and steps into the warm water. She fills the glass, takes a sip and leans her head down thinking about what to wear and what Henry's plans might be.

She grabs her phone and quickly dials Andrea.

"Hi, Spencer. What's up?" Andrea picks up soon after the first ring.

"Drea, where are you?" Spencer asks biting her lip hoping she'd still be in the city.

"I'm at the Groove. Window shopping", she laughs "Why? What happened?"

"Oh, thank God! I need a dress. Can you arrange for a few to be brought over?"

"Of course, I can. What kind?"

"Evening Gown, something that can be worn to the MET gala." Spencer feels stupid saying that but she knows that the specification was precise.

"MET gala? Isn't it in New York in October?" Andrea sounds baffled

"Yes, yes I know. But, I need something of that sort, you know what I mean, something fancy or I don't know. Oh my God" Spencer shuts her eyes and slaps a hand on her head "I need help" she mutters.

"Don't worry, I've got it covered. When do you need them?"

"How soon can you get them?"

"In 30 minutes maximum, I'll have a few dresses sorted and I'll bring them over personally for you to choose from, all right?"

"Thank yo so much, and not something too shiny or flashy or revealing, you know me."

"I know, don't worry."

"Thank you, Drea. You're a real life saver."

Spencer hangs up and sighs in relief, she finishes the wine in her glass and pulls the drain plug and steps into the shower. She quickly washes and conditions her hair, she wraps a towel around herself and walks back in to her walk in. She leans against the dresser and staring at the phone, waiting to hear from Andrea, it had been almost 20 minutes since they spoke. Spencer shakes her head and places the phone on the dresses and changes into a button down shirt and a pair of khaki pants and plugs the hair dryer and starts to blow dry her hair carefully, after 15 minutes she turns the dryer off and places at down and looks at herself in the mirror, her golden brown her set perfectly straight loosely curled towards the outside on the edge and were framing her face perfectly. She walks up to the dresser with her make up in it, although she was not big on make up, it didn't stop her mother from buy the entire La Renascente cosmetic section and sending it to her.

She picked up a Bobbi Brown mascara, a Chanel powder eye liner and the applicator brush, the NAKED eye shadow palette and the bag full of her favourite Yves Saint Laurent matte lipsticks.