Chapter 8

I unlocked the front door and let myself in, 8.37 am; that leaves me with just enough time to take a quick shower and get changed while I thought about Henry. There was just something about him that calmed me down and made me feel comfortable, like I could talk to him about everything and that I could trust him. He makes me feel safe, like it's okay to be vulnerable and I don't remember feeling like this in a long while, it was a good feeling, I thought to myself as I undressed and stepped into the shower. I closed my eyes and let the warm water run down my body. Soon after, I stepped out of the shower and changed into a pair of cream straight cut trousers, navy blue shirt and a dark blazer. I blow dried my hair and set them straight, wore my favourite shade of M.A.C. light pink lipstick and a pair of dark brown heels. I picked up my tan MANGO shoulder bag and folders from the desk and went downstairs to wait for Henry in the foyer. As I reached down, he called to say that he'll be here in 5 minutes, I told him I was ready and would meet him by the mansion's gate. I drank a glass of water and straightened out my outfit in the foyer mirror and stepped out. His car was already out front, I locked the front door and walked up to his car.

"Were you waiting too long?", I asked as I climbed onto the passenger seat and pulled the seat belt towards me.

"Nope, just got here.", he smiled as he turned the engine on.

The drive to Walmart was quiet, but it was a very comfortable silence and Henry had Guns n Roses playing in the car. It took us about 20 minutes to reach. Henry parked the car in the first empty space that was available right at the entrance and then he picked up his phone to call someone.

"They'll clear out the backside, so we can park the car in the employee parking and enter from the service door.", he informed me

"Alright.", I looked outside the window

"What are you thinking about?", he asked studying her face

"I'm wondering why would the media be bothered about you when there's Batman in the film! Like, if I worked for a newspaper I'd follow Ben Affleck around all day", she said to him in a mildly serious tone but unsure of how long she'd be able to keep the act up.

"wow.. really? Ben's married, you know and that too to Jennifer Garner. so, I'd let that dream go", he said after a moment's silence. He was no long meeting her eye instead he was looking out of his car window aware that his face might give him away.

"A girl can dream." she said looking at him.

Before he could turn his face to look at her, his phone rang and they were informed that the basement was clear and we can park without being noticed.

Henry turned the engine on and drove towards the back of the store into the basement parking space. The area was large with huge pillars and very dimly lit with light bulbs in every alternative pillar. Henry parked away from the parking entrance and near the store entrance door where two people were waiting to receive him.

They got out of the car and were greeted warmly but the staff, all the women were swooning at his sight.

As soon as we were inside the store, the staff resumed their duties and we were left by ourselves.

"So, I have a list of unappetising stuff that I need to buy", Henry said pulling one of the trolleys out. "What do you have to get?"

"The usual; cereal, sugar, cookies, cake, chocolates, nachos, ice cream, pasta..", she said poking her tongue out at him.

"You know, you shouldn't eat all that, its rather unhealthy", Henry said scrunching his nose.

"Yea, yea.. says the ice cream coma man"