Chapter 23

[A/N: It took WAY too long to write this. No seriously, I spent nearly two weeks writing and then re-writing the same part over again because I couldn't get it right. But I finally got it done so here you go!]

[Name] blinked twice, sat up, and looked around in confusion.

'Where am I? This isn't my bedroom, can't be. Unless Mom and Dad recently developed an obsession for candles, there is no way I would ever decorate my room in such a dangerously flammable way.'

"[Name]," she heard someone call, and her eyes settled on a boy practically sitting on top of her (how was he not the first thing she noticed?). As soon as she locked eyes with him, everything came back to her. She put a hand to her head to steady herself as the sudden influx of memories caused her to become dizzy.

"What did you do to me?" she asked, voice coming out strained. It felt like she had just woken from a dream, but couldn't remember what she had dreamed about. 'I didn't pass out, did I?'

"Nothing harmful, I was only showing you what I meant when I said it wouldn't be your conscience decision. Another benefit of being part of the Demon royal family," Asano explained in a somewhat somber tone. "Terrifying, isn't it."

'Did he cast some kind of Demonic spell on me?' [Name] questioned. However, as the dizziness left her, [Name] realized that her body was quivering and she had broken out in a cold sweat. The lingering feeling of fear left in the back of her mind like an afterthought. But why was she afraid?

"The Control that Demons have over Humans, especially the Control of the royal family, is terrifyingly great. As I'm sure you are already aware, being a member of the great [Last Name] family and all."

[Name] wrapped her arms around herself to stop the shudders. She couldn't look at him.

Her discomfort didn't go unnoticed by Asano who removed himself from atop her but stayed at her side.

"Don't worry," he told her, "you're body is just having a natural reaction to the spell. You'll be fine a few minutes. "

"W-what? What did you? I d-don't un-understand," [Name] spoke with a shaky voice. She could hardly form a coherent thought, let alone a structured sentence.

Asano put a hand on her shoulder. "Take deep breaths, [Name]. Focus just on breathing. It's normal for your body to be reacting like this, it will be back to normal soon." Even as he said this, Asano had his doubts. He had never seen a Human react this strongly to being Controlled before.

It was quite a few minutes before [Name] calmed down enough to speak. At once, she pelted Asano with questions.

"What did you do to me? What was that? Did you cast some sort of Demon spell on me?"

Asano opened his mouth to answer, but [Name] cut him short.

"Wait, did... did you try to possess me?" A look of horror passed her face. She knew he was mad at her, but she didn't think he would go so far.

She slid off the bed, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. "I can't believe you! That's so-so low! Okay, I get it, this is all supposed to be some sort of punishment; but that's going too far! You-"

"I didn't try to possess you," Asano spoke over her. "I would never do something like that to you. Ever. I only took Control of your thoughts for a short period. You said you could defy my Control; I needed to show that you couldn't. Don't look at me like that," Asano took her hands in his (he truly adored the softness of her skin), "I will never use this ability, or any other, on you for any reason. I swear it."