Chapter 4

Chapter 4 [Name]'s POV

I looked out the window in awe. "Oh my gosh... Wh-where the heck am I? This is not [City Name]?!" I screamed in panic, looking at the cityscape below me. "This can't be happening..." I breathed out feeling tears come to my eyes. This is crazy! I've been kidnapped and brought... somewhere, since I don't know exactly where I am, by a creepy man who enjoys feeling up sleeping people! Okay, I don't if that last part is true or not, but still. I shook my head, this was all becoming too much for me to handle. I walked over to the table and chairs on the right and sat down, well tried to at least, I forgot that the chairs were low to the ground and ended up falling on my back. But that was when realization hit me. Of course! That's why there was no security! It's not that he trusts that I won't run away, he knows that I can't! But enough of that, I need to figure out first where I am, and then I need to find a way home. My stomach, deciding that was enough thinking for one day, started to growl; I agreed with my stomach gases and went to the kitchen to see if I could find anything edible.

3rd Person

After eating, [Name] chose this point in time to explore the room she was in; she exited the kitchen and walked to the left where she found a bathroom, a half-wall computer desk thing, and a closet. After little consideration she decided to look through the closet. She pushed aside jackets, coats, and shirts to no avail, next she tried the shoes, picking them up and turning them upside, to her surprise, finding cash. "Score!" She fist bumped the air in success. "I wonder what other kind of items I'll find," She mumbled to herself moving all the shoes aside suddenly remembering something she'd seen in a movie. Once everything on the floor had been pushed out she put her ear to the ground and lightly rapped on the floor; a hollow knocking sound was her response and [Name] smiled victoriously. "Now if only I could get it open..." That was when she noticed a thin line where the closet door slides over. She ran to the kitchen and pulled out a knife then ran back to the closet and pushed the knife into the slit. It slid in easily. She pulled the knife towards her and the floor lifted up, she pulled it up enough to slide her fingers underneath and lifted the false floor out of the closet, placing it to her side. A triumphant smirk spread across her lips as she looked at the contents hidden underneath, papers of all kinds and colors lay underneath and [Name] began to inspect them. Most were written in an eastern language she recognized as Japanese, although there were a few English words on them though [Name] didn't care to look at them. At the bottom of the pile she found a manila envelope labeled IMPORTANT. [Name] picked it up and brought it over to the table in the open part of the room and eagerly ripped it open, dumping the contents on the table. She sifted through the papers carefully, but froze when she discovered a stack of papers stapled together with a picture of her clipped on the top. It was a recent picture of when she and her family had gone on vacation to the beach two months ago during summer. In the picture, [Name] was wearing her swimsuit with her back facing the camera while she looked over her shoulder smiling. [Name] suddenly felt very cold, she looked over her shoulder suddenly getting the eerie feeling she was being watched and took a deep breath to calm herself when she realized her hands were shaking. She put the document down on the table and stood from her chair; she went to the bathroom and turned the faucet on cold. She splashed her face with the water and wiped her face with a towel that was hanging on the rack next to the sink. She looked at her face in the mirror and noticed for the first time just how much she really did resemble her siblings. People always told us we looked alike and stuff, but I never believed it. I wonder how they're doing, especially Dad. I hope everyone's okay...

At the Hunter Association Headquarters in the meeting room on the top floor, a meeting of all the bigwigs was currently in progress.

"I'm telling you we should send a search party!" One man shouted. "I still don't see why this is such a big deal, I mean she has no powers, right?" Another asked. "That doesn't matter! If she was kidnapped by Him then she must be important somehow!" The first person replied. "If she really was kidnapped. For all we know she might have gone with him willingly." Yet another added. "What do you mean?" Someone else asked. "I'm saying that she might have been involved with him before, somehow, and they just ran off to elope or something." He replied. "What!? Do you doubt the integrity of Mr. [Last Name] by saying that he can't even teach his children the difference between right and wrong!?" The first person accused. "Even the most loved adolescents can choose to go down the wrong path if given the opportunity." "HOW DARE YOU!!!" At this, a man with spiked brown hair and sharp brown eyes stood up. "Alright, everyone just calm down. I'm sure that Mr. [Last Name] is as much a capable father as he is a Hunter, as we all know, and no one doubts his integrity, am I correct?" Everyone in the room nodded. "Good. Now, let's move on to the matter at hand. Ms. [Name] [Last Name] was reported missing from her Grandmother's house on September 28, it is now October 2nd. She has been missing for 4 days now and according to eye witness accounts: A Demon attacked the house, injuring almost every person involved, and escaped with the girl. Is that correct?" Once again all heads nodded, although a hand was also raised. "Mr. Karasuma, if she's only been missing for four days why is this such a big deal? I mean, I understand that she is the daughter of Mr. [Last Name], our best agent, but I just don't understand all this concern over a teenage girl." The man with spiked hair sighed. "That's because the one who kidnapped her was none other than His son." The room filled with gasps and murmurs then fell silent. The man who raised his hand spoke again. "His son? As in...?" "Yes." The man with spiked hair answered. "Asano Gakushuu... the Demon Prince."