Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Asano came to full attention at once and looked towards end of the hallway with a scowl. "What are you doing here?" He asked in obvious contempt. At the end of the hallway stood a figure, only the lower half of their body visible as the upper half was obscured by the shadows. "Oh? I only came to check up on you, is that such a bad thing?" The voice asked in a slight teasing tone. Asano nearly growled at them, but, managed to keep his composure. "Oh? It almost sounds as if you don't trust me, Father." He said with a forged smile. The person stepped out of the shadows to reveal a grown man in their mid-thirties with strawberry blonde hair and purple eyes, Asano Gakuho. He smiled at Asano and said, "Nonsense. I simply came to see how you were doing, Son." Gakuho began to walk towards him. "Is that where you keep her?" He asked referring to [Name], "So small. Honestly I would have thought you'd go with something more extravagant." "I plan to, just not now. Something like that would simply overwhelm her." Asano said turning his gaze to the open room. Gakuho mimicking his actions, said, "Your affection for that girl continues to baffle me. I simple do not understand what makes you so attached to that Human." "Me either, there's just something about her..." Gakuho looked at Gakushuu while still facing the room, then turned back toward the hallway end he came from. "Well, son, I don't have any complaints so long as she doesn't interfere with your studies. If that happens, you remember ouragreement of course." "Of course," Asano responded. Gakuho smiled then gave a small wave at Gakushuu before vanishing into thin air. As soon as Gakuho left, Asano narrowed his eyes, glaring at the area Gakuho previously occupied, and let out a growl. Of course I'd never let something like that happen. I have full intentions of making [Name] mine- No. Asano looked back towards the room. [Name] already is mine. And I intend on keeping it that way. And with that, Asano walked back into the room, closing the door behind him.

Asano entered the Throne Room in complete princely garb; he stood before his father who sat on the far too large throne before him. "You wished to see me Father?" Gakushuu asked, as if he hadn't just kidnapped a member of the [Last Name] family a few days before. Gakuho looked down at him. "Gakushuu, I heard from one of my informants that you did something quite reckless a few days ago. Would you care to explain?" On the outside Asano wasn't fazed at all, on the inside he was feeling rather [negative emotion]. He was careful not to make his father suspect something, so when had he sent a spy after him? "I'm not sure I know what you mean." Asano said feigning innocence. Gakuho smiled as if Gakushuu had just told a joke. "Really? Because, to my understanding a member of the [Last Name] was abducted from her home during a family gathering; the exact same girl you've had your eye for a while, isn't that right? Now only someone with serious confidence would attempt something so suicidal because only members of the Royal Family have enough power to take on that many members of the infamous [Last Name] family. Or could it be that maybe one of us is responsible, but that would be impossible, after all," Gakuho, who's voice had been jovial until now, suddenly turned cold and Gakushuu felt a chill run up his spine at the look in his Father's eyes. "Humans are nothing more than a source of entertainment for us Demon's. Isn't that right, Son?" Gakushuu stared at his father sitting on the throne looking down at him. Always looking down at him. One of these days he was going to knock him off of that throne and take it for himself. "Yes, that's right Father, which is why I took her. I simply wanted a new toy - she's like a rare collector's item, that one - so I have a feeling that I won't be getting rid of her for a while." "I don't expect you to after all the effort it must have taken to get it. And don't worry I'm not upset with you," Gakuho's voice returning to its jolly tone, "I simply wanted to make sure that you understand the weight of your actions. However, I advise you not to play too much. If your grades drop because of this toy I won't hesitate to get rid of it." Gakushuu smiled falsely, although inside he was seething. [Name] was a person not an "it". "Of course I have no intentions of letting that happen, you should have more faith in me Father, after all, families are built on trust." Gakuho laughed at his son's joke. "You're spending too much time with the Humans, Son; I believe your beginning to forget how the Demon world works." At this both father and son laughed, though it was far from cheerful.