Chapter 18

[A/N: Here it is, the long awaited chapter 18! I very much enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you all enjoy.]

As the smoke cleared, [Name] was able to faintly make out the silhouette of a person. Next to her, Karma was becoming more and more excited, much to [Name]'s confusion and discomfort.

"It's good to see you again, Akabane," the person said. [Name] noted that the mystery person had a light and feminine voice.

"It's been a long time since you last came here," Karma responds.

The person steps out from the smoke to reveal that it's about [Name]'s height. She has shoulder length, white hair and calm icy blue eyes. Her outfit consists of a white sailor uniform with black borders and a black sailor's cap. [Name] thinks she is dressed awfully cool for such chilly weather. 'She doesn't even have long sleeves. But then again, I tried to leave with just a jacket this morning. More importantly, why I am thinking about this right now? Who even is this person? Is she the one who caused that explosion? I certainly hope not.'

"I apologize for interrupting the two of you, Akabane, but I'll have to ask that you kindly hand Lady [Name] over," the girl asked politely. Karma didn't even bother with formalities, just charged forward and threw a punch at the her. [Name] didn't even notice that he had moved until the girl reached up and grabbed his fist with her hand.

'What? When? How did he move that fast? And how did she stop that?' [Name] wondered.

The girl sighed, "I knew it would be like this. I'd have preferred not to be here any longer than I hav-" Karma didn't let her finish and aimed a kick at her side. The girl raises her other arm and blocks this as well. Karma narrowed his eyes. "Now, if you would let me finish," the girl said. This time, before Karma could react, she flipped him over onto the ground, holding both of his arms against his back. "I would like to make this quick. You see I have a television show that comes on in fifteen minutes and I don't want to miss it; it's a very important episode."

[Name] nearly fell over. 'She's trying to make this quick so she doesn't miss her T.V. show?!'

Karma laughed. "You haven't changed, still as strong as ever."

"Thank you," the girl replies. "If I were to lose my touch my master would surely want nothing more to do with me."

'"Master"? What are they even talking about? More importantly, why am I still standing here? While those two chit-chat I can just sneak away. I mean they probably won't even notice I'm gone they're so immersed in whatever they're talking about. So I'll just sneak away...' [Name] had barely even flinched when the girl suddenly turned her head towards her.

"Please don't think about running away. Because then I'd have to chase you, and that would only make my job harder. So stay put, okay?" The girl asked, however the malicious look in her eyes betrayed the politeness of her voice. [Name] was absolutely unnerved. The girl's eyes had become slit like a cat's and flashed fuchsia when she spoke. It was at that [Name] realized that this person was no ordinary human. She was a Demon.

Asano stood by the back gate waiting for the E-Class to come down the mountain not caring how many of the main campus students stared. Normally he had to wait until the end of the school day to see [Name] again, but today he got to see her all through the lunch period. And if he played his cards right, they might even be able to eat lunch together. While he stood a girl approached him.

"Uhm, excuse me. Asano-san?"

Asano looked up at her. "Yes?" The girl almost immediately went red in the face.