Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I can't believe I was so focused with [Name] I forgot my bookbag. Asano thought with irritation as he walked down the hallway. I can't let her distract me from school; if I let my grades drop (because of her) Father will... Asano paused upon reaching the door of his shared apartment with [Name] and finding it slightly ajar. His first thought was that [Name] had tried to escape, but he dismissed the idea; [Name] was smarter than that. The other option was that someone had tried to get in; though if that were the case, his familiars would have notified him, furthermore, the barrier he placed on the door remained un-tampered. All of these signs aroused great suspicion in Asano as he stared suspiciously at the slightly open door. He gripped the knob and pulled it open cautiously. As he walked in and looked around, finding nothing out of the ordinary, he spotted [Name] asleep on the futon; he released a sigh of relief and walked to her. Smiling at the beauty of even her sleeping form, he leaned down to kiss her forehead when he spotted a piece of paper next to her head. He picked it up and opened it, his eyes moving along the lines written on the piece of paper. Frowning deeply, he shoved the note into his pocket, grabbed his school bag, and left, locking the door behind him.

[Name] woke up about an hour later, her head hurt terribly and her body was extremely hot. Ugh, I feel horrible. Don't tell me I'm sick or something. She went to the bathroom and took a warm shower first to wash off the sweat, then she switched it to cold; immersing herself in the ice cold temperature of the shower felt good against her burning body. She stayed in the shower a good while before reluctantly turning off the water and stepping out. That was when she realized she'd been wearing the exact same clothing for - well she didn't exactly know how long, but, she did know that not changing undergarments for two days was unpleasant and unhealthy. For the moment, she wrapped her body in a towel as she thought about what to do. I really don't want to put my clothes back on, that's gross. But, it's not like I have a choice right now... I guess I could try to hand wash them, although I'd still have to wait for them to dry. Hey, at least doing something is better than doing nothing, I guess. With her mind made up, [Name] ran some water in the bathroom and attempted to wash her clothes that way. She hung them up to dry on the curtain rod and went outside; as she was washing her clothes she got the idea to steal one of Asano's shirts from his closet to wear - as long as she put it back before he got home, maybe he wouldn't notice. Besides she was getting hungry and a single towel really wasn't the best apparel to wear while cooking. She slid open the closet door and quickly browsed through the options. Settling upon a simple white, button up shirt, she returned to the bathroom and slipped it on. While the shirt was big on her, it wasn't big enough to cover her body completely. [Name] sighed, realizing that'd she also have to "borrow" a pair of pants too, although she wasn't fond of the idea of 1, borrowing the clothing of other people (especially if they belong to her kidnapper). And 2, wearing clothing without any kind of under garment on, it just felt wrong. Nonetheless, it wasn't as if she had a choice. With another sigh, [Name] wrapped the towel around her waist and went back to closet to get a pair of pants.

It was mid-afternoon now, and [Name]'s clothes were, for the most part, dry. She, quite happily, switched back into them and went to return Asano's clothing to the closet. Unfortunately, Asano came back at the same time. She hurried to put away the shirt and pants, however, the door swung open and Asano walked in before she could finish. Asano raised an eyebrow at the sight of [Name] holding one of his shirts. "What are you doing?" "Oh, uhm, I was just...-" Asano sighed dropping his book-bag on the ground while loosening the tie of his school uniform. "Snooping around, huh?" He asked walking into the kitchen, not sounding the least bit irritated or annoyed. "Uh..." Asano opened one of the upper cabinets and grabbed a container of tea. "Well, did you find anything of interest?" He asked casually, as if coming home to find a girl going through his closet was an everyday thing. [Name] didn't know how to react; he was being so calm, it was almost scary. It was very quiet as [Name] stared at Asano unsure of how to respond, meanwhile, Asano, seemingly un-phased by the awkward silence, continued to make his tea. When it was finished he poured it into two cups and offered one to [Name]. "Uhm thanks..." She mumbled out, reaching for the cup after quickly putting away the shirt that she hadn't realized she was still holding. Asano smiled kindly at her and sat down at the table, with [Name] following suit. He looked around the small apartment then turned to [Name] with a thoughtful look. "Should we/I get a TV? Or maybe a few books. It must be boring having to sit in this small place with nothing to do." He inquired while smiling at her, it was as if he generally cared for her - which he did, of course that was unknown to [Name]. "How long are you going to keep me here?" She asked him. Asano exhaled deeply through his nostrils. "[Name], as I stated this morning, I am in love with you. However, I am also the Demon Prince. Meaning, I have to take into account all of my actions before I take them, otherwise, I might make a mistake that could put the entire Demon Clan in jeopardy." [Name] tilted her head in confusion. What on earth is he babbling on about? "When I took you away from your family, I had no intention of returning you to them whatsoever, because a reckless action such as that could result in you somehow acquiring data on the Demon Clan and reporting said data to the Higher-ups in the Hunter Organization. Which would reflect poorly on me." "So... you're saying I can't go back?" "Yes." "Ever?" "Yes." "But why?!" [Name] shouted, rising from her seat in anger, and knocking over her cup of tea in the process. "They're my family I have to go back! You can't do this!" "I already have, [Name]. There is nothing you can do about it, even if you wanted to." "But- but this isn't fair!" "Life isn't fair [Name]." "I don't want this!" "Whether you want it or not is inconsequential." Asano said dangerously, though this went unnoticed by [Name] in her fit of hysteria. "You can't do this! You can't! I won't let this happen!" "[Name], lower your voice." Asano ordered. "You can't keep me here! I am not a pet to be locked in a cage and played with!" "[Name], I said to lower your voice." Asano said again, using that dangerous tone of voice. "No! I refuse to listen to you! I'm leaving!" She shouted, the tears spilling from her eyes as she could no longer hold them back. However, before she could even move, [Name] found herself pinned to the floor with Asano above her. His eyes changed from amethyst to fuchsia pink as he glared down at her. "I told you to lower your voice."

(A/N: See what I did there? Huh? Huh? No not the cliffhanger, the Black Butler reference. At first I wasn't sure what to do about the difference between the Humans and Demons, but then I remembered Sebastian and I was all like, "Hey! Why don't I just use that! Thanks Yana Toboso, you did the hard thinking so I didn't have to.")