Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The next morning, [Name] woke up to Asano already gone and a note on the table.

Dear [Name],

I apologize for not waking you up this morning, but I figured it was better for you to rest in case you haven't fully recovered. I have already left for school, when I return I have something I wish to tell you. In the meantime, there is food in the refrigerator if you feel like making something. I will return later this evening.

Love, Asano

[Name] felt her stomach churn when she read the last two words. "Love, Asano" Really? What is up with him? He keeps switching back and forth between a psychotic kidnapper and a concerned boyfriend. Huh, almost like a yandere. [Name] threw the note in the trash and went to the bathroom and took a shower. After she dried off she reluctantly put on her clothes again, not wanting to go through the same embarrassing situation she had the day before. [Name] left the bathroom and laid down on her futon. There has got to be some way out of this place; but, if I try to escape that guy said that he'd kill my family. [Name]'s eyes welled with tears. "Shoot, not again," She mumbled going to the bathroom and grabbing a tissue. I've got to stop crying. I'm not gonna be the female anime protagonist who does nothing and cries all the time. Instead, I shall be the independent hero type who don't need no man! [Name] nodded her head in determination. Yeah, Except for that fact that I've been kidnapped by a (sexy) yandere who, for some reason can't just pick a personality and stick with it, insists that he loves me. What do you normally do a situation like this besides cry? The little voice in her head called reason interjected and [Name] sighed at her own helplessness. "But even so, I can't just give up... I also can't just sit back and hope for the best! There's got to be something I can do!" Then [Name] remembered all the papers she had found in the closet when she first woke up. Of course! Maybe there's something in those papers that can help me! She thought feeling hopeful. My Japanese isn't great, but it should be enough that I can read at least some of the words. [Name] eagerly moved to the closet and slid the door open, removing the shoes and other articles out, all the while her thoughts becoming increasingly positive. Maybe I'll even find some dirt that I can use against him and blackmail him into sending me home! Using her fingernails to remove the false floorboards, [Name]'s heart dropped at what she saw. The cavity that once held a multitude of papers and important looking documents was now completely empty. "What...? What happened to them all?" [Name] asked aloud as she began to feel around the area as if the papers had simply turned invisible. "They were right here! What happened to them?! Where are they?!" She was near shouting now as her vision began to blur for tears were once again threatening to spill. "I just saw them the other day! Why aren't they here?!" [Name] pounded on the floor a few times in frustration all the while shouting. "Why? Why?! WHY?! WHY AREN'T THEY HERE?! Where did... they go?" [Name] stopped beating the floor and slumped against the wall, no longer caring about the tears free-falling from her eyes as she pulled her knees to her chest and sobbed. "Why...? Why can't I just go home? I want my Mom... Where are you Mom? Why aren't you here with me?" [Name] cried releasing every emotion she'd kept bottled up over the past few days. Every pang of loneliness, every worry, every regret, every time she felt sad when she thought of her family, everything, she let it out as she cried without holding anything back. For the first time since being kidnapped, did she feel completely and utterly alone.

The Hunter Organization

"Sir," A young man said walking into Karasuma's office while holding a few papers, "So far, we have discovered that after kidnapping [Name], Asano fled to Japan. The higher-ups decided that it was best to leave this in your hands since Japan is part of your jurisdiction." "Good work," Karasuma said, "We'll take it from here." "Oh sir, here are some documents that might help to narrow down the search." The man handed the papers in his hand to Karasuma, who took them gratefully. "Thanks." The young man bowed and left, leaving Karasuma to his own thoughts. Alright if I was an arrogant demon prince who just kidnapped a girl where would I go? He asked himself as he looked over the papers given to him. Before the incident, the most sightings of him were in Tokyo, and he seemed to be wearing a grey school uniform. Maybe he was attending a school in the area? Why would a demonic prince need to attend school though?Karasuma called in one of his subordinates. "Yes sir?" A young woman asked upon entering the room. "Kimiko I need you to make me a list of all the junior high and High schools in the city of Tokyo." He ordered. "Yes sir." The girl called Kimiko bowed and left. Karasuma leaned back in his chair. If I'm right about this, then we might be able to send one of our best agents. Which would be a relief. I'd rather not have to send a rookie on such an important recovery mission.Karasuma looked out the window to his left. Don't worry Kenta; we'll bring your daughter back. You can count on me.Kimiko re-entered Karasuma's office. "Sir, this is the list of schools in the Kunugigaoka area." She read the list out loud to Karasuma, who compared their locations and uniforms to the areas where Asano had been seen and what he had been seen in. None of them seem to match up... He thought feeling frustrated. "Are there anymore schools in the Tokyo city area?" He asked. "Yes sir, there is one more. Located near that bottom of a mountain, it is called Kunugigaoka Junior high and is known for being the best and most prestigious junior high in Tokyo."