Chapter 17

[A/N: I have been taking an English class over the course of the semester and I have just recently learned that my way of representing dialogue between character is wrong. As such, I am going to be reading through and the story uo until now and fixing it. This chapter has been written using the correct way to display dialogue between characters, so the format is slightly different than usual, but please bear with me. As I mature a person my wiritng improves and I will often times go back to fix mistakes so the story is not only accurate with information given, but also consistent in style. And I am sure that there will be plenty of times in the future where I will give another author's note like this. After all, as a writer it is my personal pleasure to write the best possible story for my own sastisfaction and for the reader's enjoyment. Now I'm sure you all were looking forward to this chapter as much I as was, so without futhere ado, please enjoy chapter 17!]

Finally, the bell signaling lunch rang; and it was time for [Name] to put her plan into action. As she walked outside with the rest of E-Class, and stood lost in thought as Isogai gave small speech about safety. 'If I can just get to a police station, they'll be able to help me. Though, they probably won't listen to me. But as long as I can get into contact with the Japanese branch of the Hunter society, everything will be just fine. It's been more than a week already; news about my kidnapping surely must have reached here by now. Of course they'll more than likely follow procedure and interrogate me first. So I'll tell them everything that's happened to me so far,' An image reminding her of Asano's affectionate behavior flashed through her mind, 'M-maybe... maybe not everything, but mostly everything. And once they affirm that I'm really who I say I am, they'll take me home. Back to my family. Back to where I belong.' [Name] felt a buzz of hopeful anxiousness inside her stomach and her eyes teared up. But, she wouldn't allow herself to cry now. Not until she saw her loved ones once again would she let the tears fall, she swore that to herself.

As E-Class started down the mountain, [Name] stuck to the back corner of the group so they would hardly notice when she separated from them. She didn't say much, only speaking when spoken to, and trying her best not to sound excited or overly bored. It was easy at first, but the farther they got down the mountain the more impatient she became. There were plenty of distractions, they seemed to run into one every turn they made - which was a bit suspicious to [Name], almost as if someone had set them up as traps, but then again, [Name] did watch a lot of anime. But because she was either helping her classmates escape danger, or running for her own life, her timing was always off. Finally, when they were about two thirds of the way down, [Name] saw her window of oppurtunity when a beehive fell and got stuck on of Okajima's head. Not wanting to let the chance slip by in fear that she might not get another, [Name] dashed off as fast as she could into the surrounding forest while the others were all distracted with Okajima.

She ran as fast for as long as she could through the forest, but due to the thick foliage and uneven terrain she could only last about three minutes when she would have normally lasted five. She stopped to catch her breath and then looked back to see how far she had run. Since it was only three minutes, she suspected that she hadn't made it far, but she hoped that it would be a while before anyone noticed her disappearance. 'Alright, I'll take a small break to determine my current position, and the distance from town. But I do feel bad for leaving Okajima back there. Poor guy just has terrible luck I guess. Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine; he had those guys helping him out.' [Name] looked around for a tree small enough to climb and quickly found one. 'I'll climb this tree and determine my distance from the city,' She thought walking over to it. She reached up struggling to reach the lowest branch. "Geuss I'll have to jump for it," [Name] said quietly bending down a little bit. She was about to spring herself into the air when a hand was placed on her shoulder.

Nagisa's eyes opened groggily. He sat up on the bed and looked around, his subconcious registering the room he was in as his bedroom. 'Oh yeah. Mr. Karasuma brought me back home after the mission last night,' Nagisa remembered. He looked down to see he was still wearing his clothes from the night before. 'Ah. I was so tired I forgot to shower and change.' He slowly pulled himself out of bed, still feeling plenty sleepy, and entered the bathroom. After showering and brushing his teeth, Nagisa went to the kitchen. On the table lay a note from his mother stating that she had gone to visit relatives and would be back that night, she had also left some food for him in the fridge if he got hungry. Nagisa was a bit relieved that his mother was gone for the day; he honestly was too exhausted to have to put up with her unhealthy behavior. After a small breakfast of eggs toast and sasuges, Nagisa checked the time. Seeing that it was almost noon, Nagisa's heart skipped a beat in his chest. 'Crap! I'm way too late for school!' He thought in panic. A clip of his conversation with Karasuma the night before flashed through his mind. "Oh yeah, I have the day off. Phew, I almost had a heart attack," Nagisa said to himself. He cleaned his dishes and went back to his room. Out of habit, Nagisa went straight to his bookshelf and pulled out his favorite comic, Sonic Ninja. 'The last volume ended on a cliffhanger, I really want to know what happens next.'