Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Asano Gakushuu... Why do I feel like I've heard that name before? [Name] pondered. "Do I... know you...?" She asked with a quizzical look. Asano shook his head. "No. We've never spoken to each other before, but, I've known you all of my life." "What? How is that possible?" [Name] questioned. Were we in the same classes or something? No. I would've remembered someone as pretty as him. Oh uhm, I mean... "It's not important." Asano told her. Feeling a bit braver, [Name] asked, "Are you the one who attacked my family the other night? Where are they? What did you do to them?" Asano felt irritated when [Name] asked about her family, but, answered all her questions willingly. "Yes. I did attack your family that night; it was the only way I could get to you. And your family is safe, I made sure no one was killed; they should all be at a hospital resting somewhere. And don't worry, I have no plans to attack them again, my interest in them is over now that I have you." "Why did you kidnap me? What do you want me for?" "I am in love with you [Name] [Last Name], I want you to be mine and no one else's; that's why I kidnapped you, it was the only way to ensure you would belong to me and me alone." Asano explained as if it was the simplest thing in the world. "What?! In love with me?! But I've never seen you before in my life! How can you be in love with me? And even if that is the case why kidnap me? Wouldn't it be much easier to just confess like a normal person?" Asano sighed and shook his head. "No that wouldn't do, your parents would never approve of our relationship." [Name] narrowed her eyes at him. "Why? How do you know that?" Asano looked her straight in the eye. "Because I am the Demon Prince."

At the Hunter Organization.

"Why have we still not reached a conclusion on this matter!?" A man asked impatiently. "Because if we truly are dealing with the Demon Prince then we must tread carefully," A second answered. Suddenly the door was thrust open to reveal none other than Kenta [Last Name]. "Kenta? What are you doing here? You should be in the hospital resting!" Karasuma asked standing from his seat in shock. Kenta's left arm was in a cast and his head was bandaged as he leaned on a crutch with his good arm. "Please, let me rescue my daughter!" He begged. "Mr. [Last Name] you are in no position to rescue anyone in the state that you are in." One of the men said. "Please! She's my daughter, I have to be the one to save her, and I need to know she's okay!" "Kenta go back to the hospital, you shouldn't be walking around in your state-" Mr. Karasuma started, but was cut off by Kenta. "[Name] is my child! My flesh and blood! I love her with all of my heart, if something were to happen to her..." Kenta dropped to his knees as the room fell silent. One of the men stood up and walked over to Kenta, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Mr. [Last Name] we swear to you that we will get your daughter back. Please believe in us, we will not allow them to have their way." Karasuma walked over and helped Kenta to his feet. "Come on Kenta; let's get you back to the hospital. And don't worry about a thing we'll bring your daughter back safe." He said and walked out of the room with Kenta on his shoulder. The man who had reassured Kenta now turned to the rest of the room. "Call in all of our top trackers, this case now takes full priority." The other men in the room nodded and began making the necessary preparations. The man looked down at his hand, the one he had placed on Kenta's shoulder, and made a fist, clenching it tightly. Have faith Mr. [Last Name] we will bring [Name] back to you safe. I swear it.

The Demon... Prince... [Name] repeated in thoughts, her eyes were wide in shock as she stared in disbelief. Now, being the daughter of Kenta [Last Name], of course she'd heard about the infamous son of the Demon King - what Hunter hadn't? However, what she couldn't believe was that he kidnapped her, the daughter of one of the strongest Hunter families, just to declare his love! That made no kind of sense!

Asano looked at his watch and frowned, he would have to leave for school soon. He stood silently, collecting the dishes from breakfast and placing them in the kitchen sink, then walked over to the closet and pulled out his coat. "I have to go now, I'll be back by evening. And don't go outside, it's too dangerous for someone such as yourself." He told her and walked towards the door. Asano glanced back at [Name], who hadn't moved from her spot at the table, and gave a small sigh before opening the door and stepping out.

As soon as [Name] heard the door close she dropped her head onto the table. What...? What the heck?! How am I supposed to react to this?! No exposition, no context! It's like I'm in some poorly written fan fiction!! She banged her head on the table, then immediately regretted the action. Ow. That hurt. Well, at least it helped clear my head a little. She sat up and looked around. There was no TV nor were there any bookshelves. How does this guy entertain himself? She thought, before stretching. Maybe I should take a nap... Strange, I've been so tired lately, I wonder why. She laid down on the soft futon and immediately a wave of exhaustion hit her. As she closed her eyes to sleep, she missed the door to the apartment slowly creeking open...