Chapter 12 + Author's Note

A/n: I can't believe I keep forgetting to update this. I am writing the story I swear, but I always update it on Quotev first -and that takes so long that by the time I'm finished I just want to lay down and take a nap. So please forgive me for not updating in a month and a half. One more thing, I will be unable to post anything for any of my stories for at least two months -I will still be writing in this time, just unable to post. However, when I come back You can expect 2 more chapters and probably a new two-shot.

Chapter 12

When [Name] awoke the next morning she was fairly surprised to see a 60' flat screen television next to the dining area. Ok, I'm pretty sure we did not buy one of those yesterday. She thought staring at it with curiosity. She left the warmth of her futon and walked over to the TV, at first staring at it like it was an alien, and then she began to fiddle with the remote that lay on the table. Turning on the TV was a simple task, she just pressed the power button, then she began to flip through the channels finding not only j-drama and news cast, but also popular anime shows. Tears cascaded down her face as she thought; I don't care if I'm being held here against my will. I'm just so happy that I can experience this heaven that is Japan. She spent the rest of the hour simply watching the TV - though not completely understanding what they were saying - until Asano woke up. "[Name]?" He asked groggily, wiping the sleep from his eyes. She looked back at him excitedly. "Asano, look! Someone broke in last night and gave us a television! I'm so happy!" "That's nice, [Name]. Wait, what?" But, [Name] had already turned back to the anime that was playing, completely ignoring his presence. Well, I'm glad she likes it, but I have a feeling that buying that for her wasn't the best idea. Asano wondered before going into the kitchen and making some tea. For the rest of the morning, [Name] watched the television from a close, and unsafe, distance with Asano who sat at the table and drank tea. At noon, Asano flipped it off using the remote. "Hey!" [Name] exclaimed turning back to glare at Asano, "Why did you turn it off?" "Too much television is bad for your eyes." Even though this is the first time I've even seen a TV in about a week. [Name] complained bitterly. "Instead, we should go for a walk in the park, the Ginko leaves are really nice this time of year." Asano told her, getting up from the table and going to the kitchen to put his cup in the sink. "Parks are outside right?" [Name] asked. Asano nodded his head. "Count me in!" She said happily then went to find a change of clothes. "Hey, uh, Asano? Where did you put the new clothes?" "In the closet, next to mine." "Oh okay, thanks."

It was chilly outside that Sunday, but not overly so. [Name] had dressed in something warm and snug as she walked next to, but also a safe distance away from, Asano. Asano sighed and thought with a frown, I wish she wouldn't walk so far away from me; I want to hold her hand. They turned down a . [Name] looked around awed by the scenery. Then she bumped into someone's back. "Oh, I'm sorry," She apologized. "Don't mind, don't mind." A smooth male voice said with a thick Japanese accent. [Name] looked up into dark, almond shaped eyes. He said something in Japanese that [Name] understood as him calling her cute. She was about to say something back but Asano butt in. "Ren? What are you doing here?" "Ah! Asano! What a surprise to see you here. Is this cute girl here a friend of yours?" Ren asked eyeing [Name]. Asano frowned at the way his friend was looking at [Name]. "Yes, actually she is my girlfriend." Asano told him while wrapping his arm around [Name]'s waist and pulling her close to him. "Hey! What are you doing?" [Name] asked, knowing not at all what was going on, while a blush made its way onto her face. No! Stop blushing stupid body! Ren looked at Asano in surprise. "Girlfriend?! Asano you have a girlfriend?" Asano smiled in response. "Why yes I do. Is that so surprising Ren?" Not so much surprising as it is shocking. Ren thought. "In any case, are you going to introduce me to this cute girlfriend of yours?" Asano turned to [Name], "[Name] this is a friend of mine Ren Sakakibara," He turned back to Ren, "Ren, this [Name] [Last Name]." [Name] held out her hand for him to shake first, but quickly retracted it and gave a curt bow instead. "Ho~? You managed to snag yourself a foreigner, huh? Lucky!" Ren said with a flirty grin and bowed back. "Yes, now, if you'll excuse us, we should be going. I'll talk to you at school tomorrow," Asano said and started to walk away with his arm still wrapped around [Name]. Ren stared after them. That was a bit strange. When they had walked a safe distance away [Name] removed herself from Asano's side, causing him to frown. "So what was that all about?" She asked. "I don't know what you mean," Asano said continuing their walk. [Name] frowned at his back. She caught up with him and asked, "He said something to tick you off, didn't he? That's why you put your arm around me like that, to show that I was yours." Asano looked at her from the corner of his eyes then focused them back forward. "Like I said, I don't know what you mean." "Don't play dumb, that's a classic move used in all the Shoujo Manga and Anime." Asano stopped and looked to her, eyebrow raised and a sly smirk playing at his lips as he asked, "Shoujo?" [Name] flushed pink. "I mean, uhm, w-whatever! Forget what I just I said!" Too embarrassed and flustered to continue [Name] turned on her heel, facing away from Asano. "Let's just go back, my ears and hands are frozen!" Asano chuckled at her behavior. Walking up next to her, he put his arm around her waist again. [Name] growled. "Why do you-?" She cut her complaint short when Asano whispered in her ear, "You really are very cute, [Name]." I don't want to hear that coming from you! "No I'm not. Please get off." She asked trying to sound as calm as possible. Asano released her, as per her request, and instead linked his hand with hers. [Name] was about to complain, but when she looked at him, she noticed the rosy color of his cheeks. And for some reason she doubted it was because of the cold weather. "It's getting crowded out, I don't want to lose you in the crowd," Asano said as if to justify his actions. [Name] nodded, allowing to him to have this moment. "...Alright, but no funny stuff."

It was mid-afternoon when they returned to the apartment and the first thing [Name] did was run to the TV and turn it on. Asano frowned. He picked [Name] up by the back of her shirt, as if she were a chibi, and set her down at the other end of the table, a safe distance away from the radioactive waves. [Name] pouted when he turned the TV back off. "Why'd you do that?" "Because you were too close, you'll hurt your eyes if you sit like that." "But, but. I haven't seen a TV in forever!" She whined. "A week is not forever." "No but your face is." She muttered. "What was that?" "Nothing." The two chatted till night when Asano forced [Name] to go to bed early. "I don't want to." She stubbornly refused. "It's only eight o' clock, I don't have to go to bed for at least another two hours." "[Name], if you want to get up in time for school tomorrow you have to go to bed now." Asano scolded. "You aren't going to bed yet." "I don't have to." "Well how come I have to go to bed and you don't?" "Because I said so." Asano said with finality. [Name] opened her mouth to complain, but her mind went back to last time she had defied him and the consequences for that action, and she bit her lip to keep from saying anything more. She got to her feet and went into the bathroom to shower, while Asano smiled in victory. When she came back out dressed in her pajamas she turned to him with a glare. "Fine. I'll go to sleep. But I expect a well made breakfast when I wake up." Although, despite her grumblings, within five minutes of her head hitting the soft pillow, she was sound asleep. Asano watched her sleeping face for a bit then he got up and left the apartment, calling out his three animal familiars again. "I want you three on constant surveillance tomorrow, is that understood? From the moment we leave to the second we walk back through that door, do not let [Name] out of your sight." The three animals bowed. "Yes, Master."

Asano was the first to wake up on Monday morning. He first packed [Name]'s school bag, then his own, after that he started on breakfast. [Name] woke up to beautiful smell of food. She stretched and looked behind her to see Asano cooking. "Good morning [Name], did you sleep well?" He asked. [Name] ducked down, then cursed herself. He already knows I'm awake, so what's the point in hiding. She raised her head and smiled sheepishly. "Heehee, morning," She croaked out awkwardly. "I made an old fashioned Japanese breakfast today. Is that alright?" "Yeah I guess." The two ate a relatively quiet breakfast, with [Name] savoring the taste of the foreign foods; once finished, she helped clean up and they grabbed their bags and left. As the school building came into sight, [Name]'s facial expression would switch back and forth between excited and anxious. "Is something wrong [Name]?" Asano finally asked. She shook her head. Asano grabbed her hand. "You know you can tell me if something is bothering you." "Well, I just don't know about this. I mean, I'm excited to be going to a Japanese school, that is, like, every otaku's dream! But, I'm also really scared. What if I can't understand the teacher, or the other students, what if I fail the class and flunk out-" Asano cut her off with a single kiss to the lips. "You'll do fine." He said, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. [Name] stared at him with a blank face. "What?" Asano asked; confused by the look she was giving him. "I can't believe you just stole a kiss from me." "Huh?" "Here I am pouring out my heart to you, and you steal a kiss from me. That's really sick man." "I was just-" She pulled her hand out of his and pat him on the back. "Yeah whatever, save it for the court big guy." Asano watched her walk towards the school building in bewilderment. He shook his head with a smile and quickly caught up with her. "So what classroom am I in anyway?" She asked. Asano's expression darkened. [Name] recoiled, wondering if she asked the wrong question as Asano led her to a group of people. "Good morning E-Class." He greeted.