Chapter 1

Spencer groaned as she woke up to an aching lower back, it wasn't until she sat up she realised not only her lower back but also her abdomen was hurting. Wondering why she picked up her cell phone to check the time 3:57 a.m; "too early" she thought.

 She let her head fall back to the pillow, covering herself with the comforter and ignoring the pain which didn't seem to subside, she tossed and turned but the sleep didn't come. Finally, giving up she threw the covers and got up. 4:20 a.m, "Not too early for a run", she figured considering she ran everyday at 5 a.m sharp. Heat, rain, snow nothing has ever disturbed this routine. She went to the bathroom, brushed, changed and left. 

She adored living at the lake, the breeze and the view. The neighborhood was filled with rich people who stayed inside during the day and went out during the night, it was always quiet and she was the only one in the entire area who bothered running especially in the morning. The pain seemed to have disappeared which pleased her, she put on her headphones, tucked her phone in the jacket pocket, stretched and started running. 

The sun hadn't risen yet but she was able to see where she was going which was enough, she lost herself in the music and in the cool breeze that hit her face as her pace fastened. 

"I could do this all day everyday" she thought as she turned up the music. suddenly she felt a striking pain in her lower back which made her lower her pace but wasn't enough to make her stop. This will subside, she mentally calmed herself and then another striking bout hit her in the lower abdomen, "Holy Fuck!" she grasped as her bent down, pressing both her hands on the affected area. She felt the pain subside a little as she let go of her stomach, she waited for it to strike again but it didn't, she straightened by a took a deep breath another bolt of pain hit her hard, "It's like Rosemary's Baby in there" she cursed as she grabbed her pelvic region again making her phone slip out of her pocket, one of her hands reached down to pick it up when something like a rock collided into her causing her to slip in to a state of subconscious deliriousness. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you.... Are you alright there?" came a voice with a gentlemanly British accent.

"Satan?" she babbled blinking, is was too dark to see who the voice belonged to but he was clearly someone tall and well built, Spencer herself was 5'10 but this person was towered a few inches over her. 

The pain had gotten worse, 'What is wrong with me? Did I eat something last night, did I fall? Am I-" her train of thoughts were interrupted by the British man standing in front of her whose question about her well being was yet to be answered, finally she looked up and opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out except for a groan which sounding like a dying moose. 

"Are you hurt?" said the man again a little worry in his voice she opened her mouth but nothing came again, Satan's baby was pulling a Messi inside her and her breathing significantly increased causing her to draw more air but none of which was reaching her lungs. 

"Miss, you seem seriously unwell, please let me help you." he asked sincerely. 

"Y.." she tried to say yes but everything she'd try to say something it would trigger the pain making it worsen, unable to find any words she nods furiously at the man. 

"All right" he nods back and gently places her arm on his back and lifting her, normally this gesture would qualify as romantic but the situation was completely different, his man who could have easily apologized and continued with his exercise was kind enough to help her even when she was a complete stranger whose face he couldn't even see. "Ugh, damsel in distress" she frowned.. mentally. 

"I'm dreaming, this is a dream" she tried to convince herself and screwed her eyes shut hard. "Ahh.." she cried again it was like the pain was trying to prove a point to her.