17. Encounter

(A/N: Yes, Lance is a jerk. Left Keith in the dirt once he found out that Keith and their son was a Galra. That's basically what's going on in this chapter, time skips and Lance tension.)
Narrator:
The four were unpacking their things when Clove let out a small yelp. Keith went over immediately.

Keith: Did you get stuck?

Clove nodded and Keith gently laid Soren down and picked her up, and untied the loose handles that were tied around her ankle. This allowed her to see Soren more clearly.

Clove: Baby brother?

Keith nodded and let Clove look at him, Soren's yellow eyes were open and he looked at Clove.

Clove: Hi baby brother! You're so cute!

Soren recognized her voice and giggled, Clove giggled in response making Keith smile.
Four Months Later
Keith waited outside with Hunk while Pidge had the twins. Hunk was really nervous, and Keith was contemplating.

Keith: 'Apparently Pidge, Hunk, Clove and I were the only one's on the team who were able to feel unconditional love... I gave the team unconditional love, and I thought they felt that way for me, I thought Lance and my relationship was unconditional love... apparently it wasn't... as much as I had hoped for it to be, but of course, the second they found out who I was, the love was gone. The second they knew, my image was replaced by the image of a monster. All of those moments I had with Lance... they were fake, his love for Soren and I was fake... why was I so surprised...? This is exactly why I always used to push people away... I loved a group of people like they were my family, Shiro was my brother, and he ignored me when I needed someone, because I was Galra... I let myself get close to people once, and now look at me...'

Hunk: Keith? Buddy, are you okay?

Keith was snapped out of his daze and turned his head to look at Hunk.

Keith: Huh?

Hunk: Buddy, you're crying...

Keith then felt the tears spilling from his eyes.

Keith: *wipes the off* O-oh right... 'See what I mean?' Are you okay?

Hunk: Y-yeah, *obviously nervous* I'm fine, why do you ask? *sweating*

Keith: Cause, you're sweating?

Hunk: N-no I'm not sweating! I'm not nervous! I'm just fine!

Keith: Hunk! Calm down!

Hunk: How at I supposed to calm down?! I'm going to be a dad soon! Weren't you nervous when you had Soren?

Keith: Not really, cause I knew there were people who were going to help. Even if there were only three... you shouldn't be worried, you'll also have Pidge, and me, and Clove, and when they get older, your kids and Soren.

Hunk smiled at Keith.

Hunk: Thanks buddy, I don't know why the rest of the team gave you up.

Keith smiled.

Keith: Thanks... we're both going to be great dads.

Hunk: And Katie is going to be a great mom.

Then the door opened.

Doctor: Hunk, Keith? You can see her now.
Eleven Years Later
The six lasted pretty well, that is until there was an announcement that Voltron would be coming to visit. Keith saw the lions and quickly picked Soren up running inside while Pidge and Hunk made sure their kids Rangi and Clarise, were both inside. Once they knew they were they closed the doors after also making sure Clove was inside.