His words rang in my ears, you're not even that pretty. It hurt to hear him say that, I admit. His words always hurt and my feelings for him never disappeared. The more I tried to run from this fact, the more it chased me.

Jayden never looked at me as any other girl but the girl next door who he could mock and make her life miserable just for the sake of some fun. I accepted this fact when I was fourteen but it doesn't mean I was used to it and doesn't hurt anymore.

You're ugly, his voice still haunts me.

Two words from him were enough to make me feel inferior against him and other people.

He doesn't harbour any feelings for me like I do and perhaps it'd be easy for him to order me around, make me his slave but it wouldn't be the same for me.

Being around him gives me mixed feelings- exhilarating yet distraught.

I couldn't understand myself, my own feelings when he was around me. His actions contradicts his words and have me overthinking when it was about him.

So maybe, this whole ordeal wouldn't be as bad as I had first thought of it. Maybe it'd give me a chance to really know Jayden and also myself, my true feelings for him.

I ran from my tangled emotions when it came to Jayden for four whole years and it didn't lead me anymore so not anymore. It was high time for me to face the music and learn what Jayden really wanted from me. And know the reason behind his actions and words towards me.

"Melody?" Clair's eyes squinted at me as if she couldn't believe it was me. She sported a dubious yet flabbergasted look.

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable under her patronizing gaze, I spoke up. "Hi Clair. Um... Jayden invited me over to discuss...something."

"What?" Her voice turned into a squeak.

I let out an awkward laugh at her reaction. She didn't look any different than my mum and she most probably have the same thoughts swirling inside her head.

"Can I came in?" I asked slowly, unsure what her response would be.

As if my words was some sort of confirmation she needed, she was back to her usual self. Smiling widely at me, she opened the door wider and invited me in. "How rude of me. Come in, Melody."

I walked in returning her smile. It was definitely not my first time in their house and as always, a homey feeling washed over me.

The duo who occupies the house had such lovely relationship that it gives out an aura of warmth and homely feeling.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked looking at the black blazer and black pants she had on. Her work attire.

Nodding, she said "It was supposed to be my day off but apparently, my stupid brother is useless without me."

I laughed at the mentioned of Zander. I met him twice when they were over at Jayden's place and he was really nice and an older version of Jayden.

"How is he? And Amelia?" I asked curiously wanting to know about one of my favourite couples. I've met and talked with Amelia alot and I instantly liked her, still do.

"They're well and good. Taking care of their three imps." Clair said with a fond smile on her face at the mention of Zander and Amelia's three children whom she absolutely loved and spoiled.

Her smile vanished when her phone went off. "Oh, I gotta go." She exclaimed before accepting the call. "Jayden is in his room." Clair informed me before rushing towards her bag. "I am not talking to you Zander..." She snapped at someone on the phone, Zander.